PDA

View Full Version : SHOOTING IMPROVEMENT W/ sbh bisley

Oklahoma Rebel
03-09-2018, 03:46 PM
I have improved greatly, still needs some work ( I am reffering to my new SBH bisley hunter.) I have been using a hand strengthening workout device, which I recommend to any pistol shooter, and also got a .390 tall marble hi-vis green dot front sight, which also is a huge help ( don't get the .332, the .390 is about the same as stock). yesterday I set out a dozen dog food cans from 10 to 25 yards, and was doing a good job with them! once I got the new sight set, I could almost hit them every time, maybe 3 out of five, wich is better than I was doing, and the misses were almost all grazing misses,or right below them, sending them flying! I only pulled 3 shots that missed by a foot, and that was out of 40 or so rounds! just wanted to let you guys know, especially newton, because he got his gun at about the same time ( but he cheats, uses a scope!) lol thanks for all of you guys' help! I have a feeling I wouldn't be seeing improvement without everything you guys taught me! once again, I highly recommend getting one of the hand workout things that have a spring and you just squeeze it, wallyworld has a newer, adjustable tension one that's more ergonomic, and its under 10 bucks. I am almost ready for the hogs!!!! ( at least the close ones, for now!) have a good'un!-Travis

BHill
03-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear it. Keep it up these revolvers will astonish many folks with their accuracy. Practice, practice, and practice.

Thumbcocker
03-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Excellent!

Oklahoma Rebel
03-09-2018, 06:36 PM
thanks guys, that's what I plan on doing!i also ordered a 430 sizer, as the 431 is a very tight fit in the throats, I am sure that will help with accuracy, but not sure if it will help enough to notice... anyways, i'll keep you posted! and I will let you know when the first hog drops to the mighty 44!-Travis

BHill
03-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Couple of tenderloins on the grill will make all the effort worthwhile. I wish you the best of luck.

Oklahoma Rebel
03-10-2018, 12:52 PM
thanks a lot Bhill!

Oklahoma Rebel
03-10-2018, 12:54 PM
I got a metal detector for my birthday, and so I was thinking, if I go out " metal detecting" with my revolver handy, I might have better luck, as you all know, we seem to always see that big buck, boar, or whatever, when we are doing something besides hunting! lol