PDA

View Full Version : hogue ruger bisley walnut cowboy grips?

Oklahoma Rebel
03-08-2018, 01:05 PM
has anyone used these? if so I would like to hear the feedback, I have found that when I use the pad of my finger on the trigger like I should, it is uncomfortable because I have to sort of hold my crooked finger out, a grip wider in that section, and maybe a bit wider overall, I think, would be helpful...

Thor's Daddy
03-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Had these on a previously owned bisley. Although they were nice aesthetically, I didn't find them appreciably thicker/wider than factory panels.

arlon
03-08-2018, 09:26 PM
I got some plain unfinished walnut grips for mine. I don't like any finish on the wood. Raw wood looks like the devil but it sure makes holding onto my .41 Bisley an easier task. I keep the fake ivory plastic grips in the box but only shoot with raw walnut (cheap on ebay).

str8wal
03-08-2018, 11:56 PM
has anyone used these? if so I would like to hear the feedback, I have found that when I use the pad of my finger on the trigger like I should, it is uncomfortable because I have to sort of hold my crooked finger out, a grip wider in that section, and maybe a bit wider overall, I think, would be helpful...

I don't have walnut but do have the cowboy panels in "ivory" and really like them. The added width also helps with comfort with recoil as it fills the hand better. I will have no other panels on a Bisley.

lar45
03-09-2018, 08:58 AM
I picked up a set for my 480 Bisley and really like them. I've heard that not all of them have as much figure as mine do.

Oklahoma Rebel
03-09-2018, 06:38 PM
those sure are pretty, are those cocobolo? and are they wider than stock?

lar45
03-10-2018, 07:57 PM
They are Walnut and are about the same thickness as the stock ones.

Oklahoma Rebel
03-11-2018, 04:50 PM
very nice!, I really like the full custom grips, with rests on them that keep your thumb/ fingers in the same spot for consistency, kinda like the thumb rest on the pa63 , or maybe it was a Makarov? you may know what I am talking about