PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD-E follow up report

tazman
03-07-2018, 10:35 PM
I picked up my Springfield XD-E back in November(http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?347663-First-range-time-with-new-Springfirld-XD-E). Since that time I have put over 1000 rounds through it. It continues to get smoother as I go.
So far, it has functioned flawlessly. No failures to fire or function of any type. I have fed it my cast reloads as well as plated bullets and new ammunition. It shoots slightly more accurately with jacketed than cast or plated. Not certain why.
I find I prefer the 9 round magazines because of the slightly longer grip they provide. The fiber optic sights are easy to pick up.
I am not a great shot by any means. Off hand, I can hold the 9 ring on a standard silhouette target out to 15 yards about 95% of the time. The pistol is capable of much better than that. I haven't shot it from a rest yet.
For practice, I would rather the trigger was a bit lighter, but this is for carry so it can't be considered a problem.
I have no real complaints about the gun and would recommend it unreservedly given my experience with it.

scattershot
03-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the report. Looks like an interesting piece.

tranders
03-08-2018, 01:48 AM
Good to hear. Thanks for the follow up.

6bg6ga
03-08-2018, 07:23 AM
The XD-E is an accurate little gun. I'll have to admit I wasn't keen on the wife buying one but that didn't stop her and it amazed me how good she was with it straight out of the box. With my sized .357 9mm bullets it shot as accurately as it did with the 9mm plated that I load. Most of the 10 rounds put thru it per target go in the 10 ring with an average of 3 slightly outside in the 9 ring at 20-25 yards. The sights are very functional and the design is clean. Its pure pleasure to shoot in my opinion and its her conceiled carry gun now.

jmort
03-08-2018, 08:46 AM
I really want a couple few of these. I like DA/SA with Decocker most of all.
Also, the slide is supposed to take 27% less force to chamber a round.

tazman
03-08-2018, 03:52 PM
I really want a couple few of these. I like DA/SA with Decocker most of all.
Also, the slide is supposed to take 27% less force to chamber a round.

I can't speak to the percentage but it is significantly easier to work the slide. Especially if the hammer is already cocked.