PDA

View Full Version : Well ...I went and messed up big this time !

Boaz
03-07-2018, 08:59 PM
For several years everyone has been on me to get a 'better' cell phone . My son is the worst offender , constantly ragging on me to get rid of my genuine Pantech flip phone that I bought used off EBAY bout five years ago for a steal at $22.00. He is always touting all you can do with a 'smart' phone but in my constant war against technology I have stood my ground . I always fought back reminding him my phone had a ..pill reminder and would hold an amazing 30 text messages !

Last week he was relentless , tormenting me to get a new phone . My battery had played out and a replacement battery from EBAY was DOA on opening the package . He kept at me saying the batteries had been discontinued and they were all old stock ....junk . After a few days without a phone I started looking online with dread . Ordered a last years model Galaxy J3 basic model for bout $75.00 less than current model . My finger was quivering and struggling against my mind with I clicked buy . I had lost another battle in my personal war against technology . For the last several years I have been convinced Silicon Valley has put out a hit contract out on me because I'm the only thing holding them back .

I got my new phone yesterday at the shop , it showed up in 2 days ...EBAY couldn't wait to put this spawn of Satan in my hands . As I struggled the get it out of the packaging wrought in the very depths of hell I could smell brimstone and Sulphur fumes leaking out of it .

Bookworm
03-07-2018, 09:03 PM
You, sir, are lost.

It's so sad. The spiral into hell itself has started.

D Crockett
03-07-2018, 09:31 PM
I have 3 requirements for my phone 1 it rings 2 I can put in a number and talk to a live person 3 I can hang it up other than that I could care less what other people do no smart phones he he he he D Crockett

bruce drake
03-07-2018, 09:36 PM
I have already descended to one of the lower levels of hell..my phone is also my travel email/computer for work because the nature of the job, I can't let aid/grant requests go unanswered for more than a day so folks don't think they aren't being ignored when they are on the low point.

www.legion.org/ocw and www.legion.org/familysupport. Both keep me quite busy.

Bruce

CastingFool
03-07-2018, 09:42 PM
The longer I use my smart phone, the more uses I find for it. My oldest daughter and I text each other all the time. Most often, when I hear her ringtone, it invariably brings a smile to my face

gbrown
03-07-2018, 09:43 PM
All I can say, is that you will be in good company while your're roasting! [smilie=s:[smilie=s:[smilie=s:

Grmps
03-07-2018, 09:44 PM
I was forced into the pits of hell by work---- now I find myself asking Google (my phone) questions several times a day.
It consistently shows me how ignorant I am and frequently puts words in my mouth (in the message) which often can be amusing to embarrassing.

GhostHawk
03-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Well I got dragged into the cell phone thing kicking and screaming. I refuse to take it with me everywhere I go.

We went with Consumer Cellular for provider, pretty reasonable.
50$ bill covers both our phones, unlimited text and minutes. No data.

My new smart phone has been lobotomised by me. Yeah I dumped google.
Turned off the cell phone data, wifi, bluetooth.

Added a little app that makes it so it does not even ring if your not in my contact list.

I don't need a mini computer, I have a laptop for that.
Kids can maybe do it on a small screen I'm never even going to try.

For what I need it for, it works fine. Sits on the dock, does not bother me much. Place a nice little tone when I get a text message from my wife or family.

It is a Doro 824, cost 100$, and has a few annoying habits. Like losing the cell network 3-30 seconds into a call. And won't get it back until you reboot.

Keeps trying to turn wifi on and update google. Guess again demon's spawn, guess again!

jdfoxinc
03-07-2018, 10:46 PM
My first smart phone was forced on me because my LG flip phone wound up very clear but very dead. I check the pockets of my laundry now.

merlin101
03-07-2018, 10:53 PM
I can hang it up other than that I could care less what other people do no smart phones he he he he D Crockett

My biggest regret of cell phones is the fact that you just can't slam down phone anymore!

Rufus Krile
03-07-2018, 10:55 PM
I think I may own the last of the key-wind phones... as long as it works, it stays. 1st mobile phone I got in self-defense. Saw a kid get his leg cut off on a drilling rig and then have to lay there for two hours due to a lack of communication. As soon as I got back to civilization, I bought a GPS, a marine signal kit (w/ flares, smoke, engr tape...), and a bag phone. Told the kid I didn't care what it weighed, the truck could carry it... but I wanted to be able to talk to Mars. When you keyed the handset the truck lights would dim. Now THAT was a phone.

MaryB
03-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Next thing you know you will be paying Angry Birds, texting everyone, reading Cast Boolits on the phone...

Rcmaveric
03-08-2018, 04:45 AM
Technology is good and evil. Just got to remember to disconnect and enjoy the world around us. After 30, i am not glued to it any more. However i use my phone relentlessly for reloading. All my manuals and notes are on a cloud drive so i can switch to phone on the go and at the range then switch to my tablet at the house.

bikerbeans
03-08-2018, 09:22 AM
My wife keeps bugging me to replace my old flip phone. I told her if I had a smart phone I would be able to use some of her plans precious 40 gigs of data. I haven't heard much about a new phone since.

Charlie, I have a spare flip phone if you want to come back from the dark side.:bigsmyl2:

BB

mold maker
03-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Why do they still call the new-fangled contraptions phones? Taking or answering a call is the least important thing they are capable of. I despise carrying the darn things. Although it's just a simple fliper, it's a hassle, catching on everything I get close to. It never rings unless I'm mid-bite at supper and it's usually a wrong number. When it rings after bedtime it gets me all rilled up and there's no sleep for half an hr.
If I wanted a game boy or a computer, they sell them but I ain't buying.
It burns my bacon to see folks sitting beside each other, texting. Young folks aren't even taught to write without printing, but they know all the shortcut words by the time they are in school. Don't even get me started on whole families around the table, each intently working the phone as if they were alone.

03-08-2018, 10:07 AM
The OP is a kindred spirit. I'm, by nature, technoresistant. I know it's to my detriment, but I still navigate with a compass, and I know to my depths that there is only one time system worth recognizing: Indian time -- summer, fall, winter & spring.

redhawk0
03-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Just watch out for the spell correction when you text. I had a lady friend who went back to college to get caught up on math for a new job she was trying to get. She didn't do well on a test so she was retaking it....so I texted her but spell correct took over. My text came out as "Did you get your teats redone?" The response was "Why? I thought my teats were spectacular the way they are." It was kinda embarrassing...but we still laugh about that one.

redhawk

Thin Man
03-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Boaz - thanks a lot, pal. You just painted a target on my back. Silicon Valley is going to send a "visitor" to see me! If you thought you were the last man in civilization to refuse to carry a smart-*** phone, think again. Here I sit with my trusty flip phone on the table beside me waiting for our daughter to call. This phone is compact and lightweight, reliable, and I know how to operate it without having to read (and carry with me) an instruction journal as big as the Sunday newspaper (yup, I still get the printed version). The contract for this phone is cheap, just like it's owner. Guess it's time to stock up on groceries and barricade the doors.

Biggin
03-08-2018, 05:42 PM
My biggest regret of cell phones is the fact that you just can't slam down phone anymore!
Pushing a button just ain't the same!!

oldred
03-08-2018, 05:58 PM
My wife wouldn't hush until we got her one of those danged things but I kept my Samsung Convoy flip phone, simple, tough as nails and easy to use. She fusses and complains constantly about how her "Smart" (that should be diabolical!) phone won't let her do what she wants or does things she don't want it to do then whenever she needs to make a phone call I hear "let me borrow your phone"! :groner:

MyFlatline
03-08-2018, 06:11 PM
If ya use it as a tool, it's not bad. If it becomes a toy, like most of the younger generation, they prefer to play not work. Not a good thing on my job site.

375RUGER
03-08-2018, 07:00 PM

Samsung Convoy--you can still slam the phone if you want!!

opos
03-08-2018, 07:00 PM
You all have made a serious mistake!! My Wife...non technical wizard that she is....asked me to please find her a phone that was durable...that was easy for an older person to use..for a phone that she could make and receive calls and also wanted to be able to take an occasional picture....So I went on the hunt...for days and days I looked on Amazon, Ebay, the electronics stores, Craigs list and finally gave up...I decided I'd solved tougher problems than this during my 80 years on the planet so I simply built her the perfect phone.....I can probably furnish plans if begged...here is my solution to the problem:

Preacher Jim
03-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Boaz, you left me by myself. I bought a new phone, yep another sansung construction phone like I had. Yes it is a flip phone.
I refuse to carry a purse to hold my phone cause it's so big.

docone31
03-08-2018, 07:21 PM
I will not have anything to do with those silicone brained, antithistical antichrists. Never.
I want to live.

Ramguy
03-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Sometime back, I crossed over to the dark side. It seems that work wants to be able to send me an email whilst I am on the job site. I kept my old flip phone which was still working. I have it turned off, and put away in my dresser, but every once in a while, when no one else is around, I go in there, I turn it on and it still glows it's little light and shows me that it is still alive. Then I close the phone shut with a satisfying "click" and put it back under my thongs which I no longer use....... someday I may go back to that little phone and re-activate it, prolly gonna leave the thongs where they lay.....

RogerDat
03-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah? You know how your talking and you simply can't remember who it was that played in that movie with Orson Wells and Paul Newman? Wife gets cranky, dog starts whining, I get distracted, I know the actress, I can see her face, she was the one that was in.... what was that called? Now I hit an icon on my phone and say "movie Paul Newman Orson Wells" and bingo Long Hot Summer comes up and in a tap I have the list of who played in it and it was Angela Lansbury! She was in Murder She Wrote. And the daughter was Joanne Woodward. Wife is happy, dog curls up at my feet and all is right with the world.

Or the ever popular model and serial number photo! That way I don't get asked for the little 4 character letter code in the corner of the label that I don't have a clue about because it didn't seem like part of anything so I didn't write it down. Turns out that was the year. Or looking up information when some politician or pundit makes a dubious (10 lbs. manure in 5 lb. sack) claim. By golly my sister now knows she might be wrong! All because I can look it up and show her the information.

And the money I have saved (or not saved) at thrift store by being able to send a photo to dear wife to say "is this like what you were looking for?" Saves me leaving just what she wanted, or buying a basement/garage dust collector that is NOT what she was looking for. Oh and being able to photograph then zoom in on possible pewter makers marks so I can be sure it's pewter or isn't. Maybe too faint to read but when it is zoomed in on then it becomes readable.

I have photo proof that once upon a time the garage was cleaned! Now don't get me wrong I would much rather use a real camera than one with a sensor 1/2 the size of a small booger but I have the other one with me. So cute pictures of puppy in the park? Got it. Local river flooding? Yep have a picture of that. Quick picture of rustic cabin on Oregon Trail yep got it, picture of yellow sign warning of plentiful rattle snakes around rustic cabin, yep got that too. Then sent to wife, she minded much less that brother in law and I were on the trip without her as soon as I texted that second picture.

Thumbcocker
03-08-2018, 09:20 PM
The Kindal app on my phone makes it worth it. I have decades of handloader and dozens of books on my phone

am44mag
03-08-2018, 09:24 PM
For several years everyone has been on me to get a 'better' cell phone . My son is the worst offender , constantly ragging on me to get rid of my genuine Pantech flip phone that I bought used off EBAY bout five years ago for a steal at $22.00. He is always touting all you can do with a 'smart' phone but in my constant war against technology I have stood my ground . I always fought back reminding him my phone had a ..pill reminder and would hold an amazing 30 text messages !

Last week he was relentless , tormenting me to get a new phone . My battery had played out and a replacement battery from EBAY was DOA on opening the package . He kept at me saying the batteries had been discontinued and they were all old stock ....junk . After a few days without a phone I started looking online with dread . Ordered a last years model Galaxy J3 basic model for bout $75.00 less than current model . My finger was quivering and struggling against my mind with I clicked buy . I had lost another battle in my personal war against technology . For the last several years I have been convinced Silicon Valley has put out a hit contract out on me because I'm the only thing holding them back .

I got my new phone yesterday at the shop , it showed up in 2 days ...EBAY couldn't wait to put this spawn of Satan in my hands . As I struggled the get it out of the packaging wrought in the very depths of hell I could smell brimstone and Sulphur fumes leaking out of it .

Once you get use to it, you're gonna wonder how you got along without it. I cannot count how many times I've used mine to check this forum or reloading data while out in the shop, or to look up reviews or information about something I was wanting to buy on the spot. They are VERY handy for price checking any random guns you come across. ;)

10-x
03-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Broke down and got a simple smart phone, just a few apps. Big reason I bought it is I can BLOCK all the dag nabid sales calls from whoever. Friend sent me a email this AM, said the " device" has replaced the penis as the most hand held item, probably true even if crude.

higgins
03-09-2018, 09:58 PM
My first smart phone was forced on me because my LG flip phone wound up very clear but very dead. I check the pockets of my laundry now.

My ancient LG flip phone still works after me falling in the lake last spring with it in my shirt pocket. As soon as I got in the truck I took the battery out of it, dried what water I could with a cloth. When I got home I left it open with the back off of it in the sun on the kitchen table. Next day I put the battery back in it and it sprang to life! I believe it survived because it had a rubber plug that went in the charging port that kept water out of the insides. The plug has since come loose and been lost. It still has good sound quality (better than my other Samsung flip phone). I made and receive about one call a day, so it's all I need.

Bookworm
03-10-2018, 08:46 AM
The Kindal app on my phone makes it worth it. I have decades of handloader and dozens of books on my phone

Handloader magazine is available on Kindle ?

robg
03-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Still use my Motorola flip phone .tried my wife's smart phone ,drove me nuts had a mind of its own .I'm analog in a digital world .

Murphy
03-10-2018, 01:39 PM
When I wind up going over to the dark side, it will be kicking and screaming. I'm not concerned about operating one, I've been using computers 20 years now. I truly don't have a need or want for a smart phone at this time in life at age 64. Nothing against those who do have and use them. Just as long as they know to keep it out of their hands while driving, and that being on the job working means just that, not being on their phone. Okay, so some users have to have one for work and I understand that.

I can see the convenience of having all that information at hand, no doubt. How else can a 22 year old be an expert gunsmith, mechanic, welder, lawyer, political consultant, MMA fighter, guitar picker, and even a seamstress if so desired....all in the same day? Well, as long as the battery on that phone holds up at least.

Murphy

Oops, almost forgot. I got on the Bay and stocked up on LG flip phones 'as new'. So I'm good to go for another 5-6 years. Some providers, no longer carry a flip phone in their stores. I keep one backed up with all my contacts in cold storage for when my current one gives up the ghost.

Smoke4320
03-10-2018, 01:48 PM
a smart phone is part of my life now .. being able to answer almost any question at any time .. a computer in your pocket
If I don't want to be bothered I can leave it off .. its called SELF control

white eagle
03-10-2018, 02:18 PM
see many people playing games on their phones
seems like a total waste of time to me but to each their own

Hawks Feather
03-10-2018, 02:45 PM
I am right there with all of you since I just dropped my flip phone (Tracfone) and became one of the masses. I went kicking and screaming, but am actually starting to like the new beast.

ol skool
03-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Didn't have a phone until 26yrs old. The boss told me to get one. I asked if the company was going to pay for it. He said no, everyone has a phone. I told him that's not true, I don't. He said if you like your job you'll get a phone. So I got a phone.

At 34 yrs old my boss told me to get a phone that would take messages. I told him I didn't want one. He said the company would pay for it. So I got a phone that would accept messages.

Got a 'smart' phone last summer, texting is convenient. Mine has an off button, charge it about once a month or so. It's home is the lunch bucket.

MaryB
03-10-2018, 09:13 PM
It is hard to beat carrying a library of 2,000+ books in your pocket! I am an avid scifi reader so anytime I see a good series or a freebie that looks good I download it.

Boaz
03-10-2018, 10:37 PM
I have a good report ! I have figured out how to make and receive a call ! By this time next week or two I hope to be able to find my text messages , I realize that's being pretty optimistic ! This thing still smells of Sulphur and burns my hand while I hold it .

West Texas Infidel
03-11-2018, 08:12 AM
I have a mint razor flip phone I'm going to resurrect after I retire and rid myself of this insufferable I-phone my job supplies. My boss texts me and I call him back. I tell him this is what it's designed for, that's why it's called a phone and not a typewriter. :veryconfu

I do take a lot of pictures though but my razor does that too.

mold maker
03-11-2018, 01:32 PM
I've carried the cheapest phone possible for the last 20+ years, "for emergencies". So far the emergencies have mostly included, what I'm supposed to bring home for dinner, or can I pick up this or that one from school. I'm not complaining about not having a real emergency, but it sure is convenient for everyone but me.
The last time I tried to call a nonemergency (minor finder binder) report to the local law, my battery went dead in the middle of the call and when the dispatcher tried to call me back it would ring and hang up. Caused all manner of confusion and consternation, that I had no control over.

jimlj
03-11-2018, 01:37 PM
My first cell phone was mounted in my '93 company truck. It has been a slippery slope down hill from there. In the truck I could turn off the horn so I didn't know when people were calling while I was out of the truck. My current IPhone I can leave on the kitchen counter or my desk and it works the same as the truck phone did. The bonus with the IPhone is it will tell me where to go, and that usually doesn't start with "H" like a lot of peoples directions.

KCSO
03-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Don't want...a camera, a game boy, a map, a phone directory, an internet connection or 400 other APPS! I talk you talk good enough!

TXGunNut
03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Must admit I'm on my second "smart" phone even though my "dumb" phone was much smarter than I. I'm learning to use more features as time goes by but the capabilities are mindboggling. I still keep a flip phone around for special situations, amazing what a $20 phone can do.

762 shooter
03-13-2018, 04:37 PM
This generation! I tell you that we are on the road to ruin. I tell you that electricity will be the death of this country. Nobody knows how to start a fire for heat or light or cooking or smoke signals. Those durn gasoline engines will cause ruination of this generation. Don't get me started on those new fangled medicines. Willow tea and bear fat is all you need.

Color that paragraph purple for me.

Hickok
03-13-2018, 04:37 PM
I have a flip phone in my vehicle. It stays turned off until I need it. And I have to really "need it" before I turn it on!

Wife wants to get me a smart phone with all the bells and whistles, But I really don't want to strain my brain trying to figure it out![smilie=p:

Boaz, hope the new phone proves to be an asset to you![smilie=s:

Rick45Colt
03-13-2018, 04:59 PM
My Dad still complains about phones in general. Especially when the Grand Kids come over and instead of interacting they all have their faces stuck in the stupid phones. The only reason is for that FaceTime call from his youngest daughter in Montana and the Grand Son! His eyes just sparkle. Especially since the Grand Son was named after him even more!

wills
03-13-2018, 05:11 PM
We should demand cell phone jammers be legalized.

Why can't the phone be made to ring more than three times before it switches to voice mail?

Why can't text messages be shut off?

lightman
03-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Like many of you, I entered the Smart Phone world kicking, screaming and complaining! I've gradually learned to appreciate at least some of the things that it can do. The camera is better than the compact Nikon camera that I used to have. The GPS is better than the TomTom that I used to use. Its convenient to have Google at your fingertips. Text and Email are at your fingertips. I'm finding ways to make it work for me instead of the other way around. Spellcheck sucks. If I need it to kick in and help me with a word, forget it. But it really likes to change my choice of words! I've learned to proof read any important texts!

If I'm working on something, sometimes I'll take a picture before I disassemble it. Like the bolt stop and spring on a Remington trigger. I broke a hydrohlic hose on a tractor yesterday. I took a picture of its location before I went to the store. I also have loaded several apps that are useful to me. One that comes to mind is for voltage drop. I have also found that weather apps and access to radar are nice. I could continue...........

I'm not trying to sell anyone on a smart phone. I hate the things! But, like I said I've tried to find a way to make it work for me. I do wish that I could buy a jammer for the times that I'm stuck in line behind someone in the checkout line with a phone stuck in their ear!

RGrosz
03-14-2018, 12:41 PM
As for me, my family says I still use a steam powered phone. It's a LG flip phone. It's not that I can't figure out how to use the new tech but what's the advantage of it. I started with computers back in the mid '80's, when the UA of our unit called me into his office on drill and said if I wasn't busy to come in the next couple of days and make a database of our commo equipment for the unit. I wasn't doing anything so I came in and learned how to make a DB and entered the the stuff into the system. From there things went along and I was offered some new jobs and new things, some things I adopted and some things I didn't. When the flood came and we had to move out of our house and live in our camper for a couple of months. The wife got a Flip phone from her son and I got one from a cell phone company for free. Both phones got calls and no text messages and had no contracts. I got bumped to AT&T a couple of years later and they gave me a new phone that will receive text messages, which I answer with a phone call. Most of the email and internet browsing I do is on a laptop. I just can't see the spending of more money to use a smartphone when The flip phone I got works just fine. Maybe I'm the dino that my kids call me but at my age, who cares. Just my 2 Cents to add.
Rob

Boaz
03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
In all honesty I don't call anyone unless it a serious situation . Though everyone carries a phone most will not even answer a phone call . It doesn't upset me , it's just the norm now . If my phone rings I just pick it up and say....................Hello . I'm still living in the past lol , things change .

RED BEAR
03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Took years for me to get a phone without a cord still have 2 corded and 1 cordless no cell phone will ever be on me!!! Doubt want one won't have one. Wife has one for emergency. Would not tell her to get rid of it if I could. Count like talking on phone. To my way of thinking the one in the house is for emergency. My kids and grand kids say I am a fossil and I tell them that I actually like being a fossil.

RogerDat
03-15-2018, 04:32 AM
I was pretty sure I missed the exit for a store I was going to today. Tap -> and say "Google Navigate store name" and sure enough it had me get off at next exit and turn around. I don't have to look at it, just listen to the directions. Now in wife's car phone map comes up on screen built into car and voice comes over speakers.

In Tenn. I once did the same thing, having missed a turn onto a different 2 lane highway. Pulled over and looked at map. Thought it might make sense to continue, hit interstate and come at my destination from that route. Said "Google navigate address" and off I went through dell and holler, over cricks, along ridges, winding through woods, jogging from one side road to the next. Hit one divided roadway for 3 miles then off through the wilderness again on a paved snake track. Only when I finally got close to the city did I notice "Avoid Interstates" was checked as "on". Doubt it was faster route, don't think it was longer mileage, but man I swear I couldn't see more of the "real" Tennessee if I moved there for 5 years.

Text seemed sort of silly to me too. Why not call if you have something to say? It turns out it is good for sending one of those pictures taken with the phone. A link to a web page. Both are called "share" on my phone and allow me to go right from photo or web page to text message with the photo or link. I do find it nice for reminders or information that doesn't require an immediate response. Especially from dear wife when I'm at work. You know don't forget we have grandkids track meet this evening type stuff that I can get without the intrusion of a phone call.

I do hold the line at setting up work email on phone or forwarding work phone to MY cell phone. The supervisor or boss has my number as do crisis response documents and if it is important enough to reach me when I'm not at work it should come through one of those two routes. A very few of the people I work with have my number, I try to limit it to people I have a friendship with who won't text or call just to have me Google a problem for them so they don't have to look up the bloody answer themselves. LMGTFY is a real thing. Let Me Google That For You.

Lloyd Smale
03-15-2018, 08:36 AM
my flip phone works just fine sitting on the counter 99percent of the time ive owned it.

Hickok
03-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Another thing we have to put up with here in these mountains is getting a good signal. If you find a place with a strong signal, you better stop right in you tracks and make your call.

It has gotten better over the years, but it is still a problem here in WV.

blackthorn
03-15-2018, 11:10 AM
my flip phone works just fine sitting on the counter 99percent of the time ive owned it.

^^^This^^^

Lloyd Smale
03-18-2018, 07:46 AM
had to laugh. About the only time I take our is when I go to camp so I can call home or in case of an emergency. That said I don't get reception in camp and have to walk out into the small field in front of camp. Deer season that means walking out in the cold. So I get chewed up by the wife for only calling every 3 or 4 days. Even here in town my son in law who only has a cell phone calls me all the time and id bet 2 or 3 times a week looses service right in the middle of a call. Drives me nuts.
Another thing we have to put up with here in these mountains is getting a good signal. If you find a place with a strong signal, you better stop right in you tracks and make your call.

It has gotten better over the years, but it is still a problem here in WV.

mold maker
03-18-2018, 07:35 PM
You would think they could eliminate the transmission delays and poor voice quality. Some are worse than Alexander G Bells first, being recorded on an Edison wax cylinder.

pwc
03-18-2018, 10:21 PM
I liked my flip (never loved it), it would make and answer calls, send and receive texts, and take itty bitty pictures. If I got a call from anyone not in my address book, the delete key worked wonderfully.

As usual, my wife kept after me to get smart phone (she got a new flip and fights with it constantly). I did, and it makes and answers calls, sends and receives texts, and takes really good hi-quality pictures that I can blow up and send to my computer for file. If I get a call from anyone not in my address book, the delete key works. I tell the medicos / tradesmen they have to give me the actual phone number from which I will receive a call so I can put it in the phone for caller ID or I won't answer.

Greatest benefit so far is that while I'm waiting for my pizza, or med appt, or anything else that will be 5 min or longer, I can read Cast Boolits and other sites, and look up stuff on Google.

I used to be able to program my VCR........