PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Loading "Frolic," 9/14/08; Stone Ridge, N.Y.

Maven
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
All, For the first time in 19yrs. our club, Marbletown Sportsmen (105 Scarawan Rd., Stone Ridge, Ulster Co., N.Y. for those with GPS) will hold a fun shoot on 9/14/08 using ANY muzzle loading rifle with open sights and with lead bullets (patched RB's and/or conicals, but NO jacketed bullets). The idea is to have fun while testing your skills @ 25yd., 50yd. and 100yd. targets. The latter are not bullseye or paper, but 3/4" buttons (cross-sect. of 3/4" dowels), charcoal bricquets, a feather, vertical string (twine) at the nearest distance and gongs at the other two. Also, an across-the-log and crossed sticks event for 50yds. For the last couple of days, 3 of us, Rich Rockwell, its chair; Paul Granberg; and I have been firing at these with .50cal. & .54cal. rifles (patched RB's) with some success...and frustration. Regardless of how well (or poorly) we did, it WAS indeed a challenge and great fun, as it was designed to be. Registration for the "frolic" will begin at 9 AM, and the shoot will start at 10 AM. Food will be available at a nominal fee. If you feel the need to burn some powder or just need a day at the range, please join us. We'd be delighted to meet you! Btw, if you want more information or explicit directions to our club, please PM- or e-mail me.

Paul

Maven
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Will I be seeing any of you on Sunday?