PDA

View Full Version : .................I am short .

Boaz
03-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Romans3;23

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God .

I believe I have come up short . What should I do ?

rl69
03-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Praise God for his love

rancher1913
03-05-2018, 10:09 PM
I think your way to hard on yourself, sometimes a misstep is just a misstep

GhostHawk
03-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Repent, Listen HARD. Let him show you the correct path.

We all come up short, none of us earn our way. We are all saved by grace.

Don't let pride take hold.
Stay humble.

We are the servant, HE is the master.

Accept that we all all fail, stumble and fall daily. All of us. Get up every morning praising him for another chance to try to do better.

And most of all, it is not "Our" will, it is "THY" will be done, on earth as well as in heaven.

Take care of yourself Charlie, you'll get there.

Wayne Smith
03-06-2018, 08:41 AM
If we confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity. 1 Jn. 1:9

jmort
03-06-2018, 08:54 AM
^^^ This is written to belivers, forgiveness of sins
Not the remission of sins that occured when we are
Born Again
God provided this for the Belivers
Paul sinned, we all sin.
Don't be so hard on yourself
Get up and keeping moving on the straight and narrow
God Bless you Brother

USMC87
03-06-2018, 09:11 AM
We all fall short "every" day, Thank God for His rich grace and mercy upon us.

Der Gebirgsjager
03-06-2018, 11:38 AM
What you can do is all that you can do, which is keep on keepin' on. "No turning back".

Wayne Smith
03-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Meditate for a while on that verse. The very best I can do is vastly short of the Glory of God. In fact, he said that my righteousness - my good stuff - the best I can do - is 'filthy rags' to him. That is why I need Christ - without him I am hopeless and helpless. We cannot help ourselves, we cannot reach God's standard no matter what we do. All we can do is give up and accept Christ's sacrifice as complete ("It is finished" He said on the cross - at that point my sins were forgiven) and the only hope I have.

"Filthy rags" are the rags used for a woman's menstrual period - in that society the last use of a rag before it is burned. That is God's value of my best. Sin is what I am, not just what I do.

jmort
03-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Well Brother, did you figure it out?
Did you find peace?
A report, good or bad would be appreciated

GhostHawk
03-07-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm with Jmort, concerned for you brother.

Boaz
03-07-2018, 11:10 AM
jmort I am good ! We all fall short ....it's just our 'condition' . But through prayer and listening GOD always provides a way . There's a lot of good recommendations on this thread and I thank all of you .

dverna
03-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Charlie, first...do not be so hard on yourself!!!

We all have regrets. We need to recognize them and seek forgiveness. God will do that if we truly repent. Then we need to release those regrets and not let them negatively impact our lives. We learn from them, but they are not a yoke upon us.

buckwheatpaul
03-07-2018, 08:58 PM
We all fall short "every" day, Thank God for His rich grace and mercy upon us.

I really agree with USMC87....but I am agreement with all the posts....Charlie.....we are all short everyday...we just keep plugging toward salvation and rest assured that If you have proclaimed JESUS as your personal Savior you are truly saved....."no one will come to Me except through Jesus.....the Light, the Truth, and the Way! Paul

Boaz
03-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Amen Paul !

Wayne Smith
03-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Read Romans 7-8. Realize that 8:1 is a result of Paul's realization of the inevitability of sin in ch.7. Meditate on 8:1-2 for a while.