PDA

View Full Version : Bad day Good day

Boerrancher
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Bad Day:
Fired up the tractor at 7am and took off to my stepfathers farm to help him change the tires on his tractor. We have to use my big Alis with the front end loader to manuver around the heavy rear tires on his Alis WD. I got up to his place, pulled in the driveway and broke the center out of my Left front wheel. I jacked it up took off what was left of the wheel and tire, and started making phone calls 'til I found one, 45 min away.

The Good:
On the way down there I stopped at every tire shop I saw. Out of five tire shops only one told me he had any ww's I could have. The shop owner told me to come back in a week and he would have a full 5 gal bucket for me. I have delt with this guy before one other time and when he told me to come back in a week he had them for me. So next Thurs I will go back and pick up my 5 gal of ww's. When I picked up my new wheel, which tire shop do you think got to put the tire on?

While I was waiting for my tractor tire, I hit up the two pawn shops in town the first one didn't have much, the second one was a little gold mine. The owner had a few reloading die sets and a few primers and bullets. I went through his die sets and found an RCBS carbide sizer for the 44 mag. It looked like it had never been used. I ask him about it and he said "ten bucks." I also found a new Lee die set for the 30-06 and It had a factory crimp die in it along with the regular seating die. I ask the guy what he wanted for both the 44 and 06 dies. He told me $30, I reached in my wallet and only had $23, Just as I was starting to tell him I would only be able to take the carbide sizer, he said,"I'll take it." I gave him the money and walked out with the dies.

Also on my way back I stopped at my local post office and picked up a package of some items I had traded another board member for. Everything in the box exceeded my expectations. So all in all, not a bad day.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

GP100man
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
i wish i had a story that would make people feel better!!!!

good dealin & wheelin there Boerrancher

GP100man :cbpour:

Muddy Creek Sam
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Boer Rancher,

Sounds like it was or wasn't your day. Know the feeling. Sounds like the Good outweighed the bad.

Sam :-D

copdills
09-03-2008, 06:09 AM
sounds like a good day overall

Wayne Smith
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, you didn't say that you got back and changed your FIL's tire and originally intended. That would make it a good day, the rest being gravy.

Boerrancher
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, you didn't say that you got back and changed your FIL's tire and originally intended. That would make it a good day, the rest being gravy.

Nope that is the part I left out. Before dark both Alis tractors were up and running. Though mine is still sitting up there and will not come home until fri afternoon at the earliest, and I need it now thanks to the rain. Oh well. At least he has two tractors up there that work if he needs them.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe