PDA

View Full Version : Altamont and Ruger, what gives?

Thundarstick
02-28-2018, 04:25 PM
It appears that Altamont is making the grips for the SP101 match champion and I'm miffed at both of them because I can't acquire them from Ruger or Altamont! Guess it's back to Eagle grips or E bay for some Taiwan made wood grips! Just ticks me of as it looks like a loose loose for both companies!

ReloaderFred
02-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Call Altamont and talk to a real person. They may be able to do something for you.

Hope this helps.

Fred

contender1
03-01-2018, 12:04 AM
I have a Ruger GP-100 MC. It's grips were made by Hogue,,,, AND I got a spare set from Ruger.

Thundarstick
03-01-2018, 09:47 AM
Yep, the GP100 grips are Hogue and much longer than what I want, especially for the SP101. I have a set of Eagle Secret Service grips on my four inch GP 327 and love them! To me, the Ruger grips are fine for open carry, general plinking and shooting, but are horrible for concealed carry. I checked out one of the SPMC guns and they are much better for CC. Only thing I hate about Eagle is that it takes for ever to get them. I have some from Taiwan that are good, but not great on a SP as well.

contender1
03-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Have you actually called & talked to someone at Ruger yet?
They have always been very helpful to me.

Thundarstick
03-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Honestly, I haven't called Ruger, but I've tried to get stocks and grips from Altamont in the past, and that was a no go.

Green Frog
03-02-2018, 10:18 AM
It appears that Altamont is making the grips for the SP101 match champion and I'm miffed at both of them because I can't grey them front Ruger or Altamont! Guess it's back to Eagle grips or E bay for some Taiwan made wood grips! Just ticks me of as it looks like a loose loose for both companies!

It appears that you have been the victim of the dreaded "spill chick" here. :coffeecom Why do you want to "grey them front" and what does this mean? Are you having difficulty purchasing them from either Ruger or Altamont, or can you not change the color of the finish to suit you? BTW, I have had better than expected results ordering the Thai-made grips offered on fleaBay for the two S&Ws I've put them on, but admittedly have no experience with them on Rugers.

Froggie

Thundarstick
03-02-2018, 12:01 PM
:shock: whoops, fixed that!

Looking to the Thai's for a cure now. I have a Thai set on an SP101 and they took a very little fitting and work fine. I may start woodworking for myself.

Petrol & Powder
03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
If Eagle has what you want, I'd just go that route. I've been using Eagle grips for years and they're about the best "semi-custom" grips you can get for the money.

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-07-2018, 05:06 PM
l[/url]

LUCKYDAWG13
03-08-2018, 09:37 PM
If Eagle has what you want, I'd just go that route. I've been using Eagle grips for years and they're about the best "semi-custom" grips you can get for the money.

this is my second set of grips from Eagle them looks like you had better luck with them 216018 216019

Petrol & Powder
03-09-2018, 08:45 AM
I've never purchased grips for single actions from Eagle but all of the grips I've purchased from Eagle have been excellent.

Thundarstick
03-09-2018, 11:22 PM
I've seen plenty of Ruger factory single action grips split in the same place. Just a poor place to have a locator pin in the first place!