PDA

View Full Version : Re: a great day

Goatwhiskers
02-20-2018, 05:47 PM
Well, the day that started out so well didn't end the same way. I lost my wife of 44 years in a vehicular accident in which I was involved, and frankly I'm hurting bad. Trying not to beat myself up over it, but it's the remembering that hurts knowing that the most important person in my life is gone. I do have my son, daughter, and DIL with me, as well as some other family members, and a host of brothers from my lodge standing in the gap for me. I believe in the power of prayer, and brothers I could really some. Thanks, Goatwhiskers.

Hickory
02-20-2018, 05:50 PM
My heart goes out to you, I have known this sort of pain and grief.

Markopolo
02-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Lord, we lift up our brother to you, in Jesus name. You will meet again...

Preacher Jim
02-20-2018, 06:50 PM
my heart goes out to you.
Lord please be with GW and his family at the loss of a beloved wife, mother and friend, your healing touch is needed to help this family through the stages of grief. Send them someone to help them heal and get through this.
In Jesus name we pray
Amen

CASTER OF LEAD
02-20-2018, 06:52 PM
So sorry for your loss. I will pray for God to lift you up and help you through these dark times, and to comfort you both physically and emotionally. May God Bless you. - CASTER

Der Gebirgsjager
02-20-2018, 06:55 PM
My deepest sympathy. I'll pray that God will sustain an comfort you.

Boaz
02-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Words fail me . I am so sorry for your loss sir , may our Lord sustain you through this time . I am praying for you and your family .

William Yanda
02-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Thinking of you GW. I can only imagine your loss, but please know that I care and am thinking of you as you grieve.

daloper
02-21-2018, 07:54 AM
I am so sorry for your lose. Praying for you and your family.

Wayne Smith
02-21-2018, 08:32 AM
Remember - God is in charge. Especially in the hardest times remember it is His will that occurs, not ours.

Remember Job - "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord." Sometimes we say it with sorrow, but we still need to say it.

castalott
02-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Sincere Prayers for Hope, Faith, Redemption,Love ,Mercy, and Forgiveness....

Pine Baron
02-21-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. May our Father allow comfort in your grief, in Jesus name. Amen

ARKLITE881South
02-21-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm very, sorry for your loss, words cannot express how bad i feel for you and your family. I will keep you all in my Prayers.

jamneg
02-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Praying for you and your family.

Smoke4320
02-21-2018, 02:03 PM
words do not justify the loss of a loved one .. prayers sent for you and the remaining for comfort and peace

big bore 99
02-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Prayers sent.

buckwheatpaul
02-21-2018, 03:26 PM
God, family, friends, and prayers will heal your broken heart...may God bless you and give you peace and healing as you grieve. May he bring you closer to His heart and guide you down the path to recovery. AMEN

Mtnfolk75
02-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Prayers are up for your Family's Comforting during this time of loss.

Artful
02-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Praying for you and your family

Goatwhiskers
02-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Just some early morn rambling as I sit here drinking my coffee and watching the sun come up. We married back in '73 when we graduated college. I've had a checkered career, she went on to get some higher education and became a teacher, phyics, chemistry, and such. She did that for over 30 years and I have been jealous, she was the only person I have had the honor of knowing who found what she was put in this world to do and she was dxxx good at it. She touched the lives of more than I can count. Did driver's ed on the side, too. Well, my son and daughter are close, tho she has to go back to Texas Sunday. I just hope I'm giving my kids what they need at this time, God knows they are sure holding me up. Thanks for listening. GW

Boaz
02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
My son was born in '73 , I remember that as a life changing year for myself . I thank GOD every day for those I love and has blessed me with knowing . Sounds like you were blessed in your marriage and your already remembering those times . Lean on Jesus brother , his love is unmeasurable . I'm praying for you and family . Thank you for who you are .

Charlie

bbogue1
02-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Teachers are very special people. Teachers who teach difficult subjects are real jewels. I am so very sorry for your loss. God, be with GW during this time of need. Please press close and give him assurance and peace throughout the days ahead. Send an army of angles to surround him with peace and joy while he works through the injuries and hold him close during this time of grief. In Jesus' name Amen

Boaz
02-23-2018, 09:24 AM
Amen .

koehn,jim
02-23-2018, 12:19 PM
will pray for you.

Rizzo
02-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Just some early morn rambling as I sit here drinking my coffee and watching the sun come up. We married back in '73 when we graduated college. I've had a checkered career, she went on to get some higher education and became a teacher, phyics, chemistry, and such. She did that for over 30 years and I have been jealous, she was the only person I have had the honor of knowing who found what she was put in this world to do and she was dxxx good at it. She touched the lives of more than I can count. Did driver's ed on the side, too. Well, my son and daughter are close, tho she has to go back to Texas Sunday. I just hope I'm giving my kids what they need at this time, God knows they are sure holding me up. Thanks for listening. GW

Goatwhiskers,
So sorry for the loss of your wife.
It made me reflect on the life I have been having with my wife of 50 years now.
My eyes watered up a bit reading your posts.
In my case I have thought about how it would be if I or my wife died first.
Frankly, we all die ultimately but I'd rather my wife goes first so that she would be spared the grief and loss she would go through with me dying.
I know that probably sounds weird but that is how I feel.
I have said a prayer for you and your wife.
Hang in there. You'll never forget her but the pain you are experiencing will dilute over time.
It sucks.
Peace be with you.

WRideout
02-26-2018, 09:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I pray for God's comfort for you and your family at this time of overwhelming grief.

Wayne