PDA

View Full Version : Winchester .45 LC Model 94

Bigjohn
08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
While talking to a fellow shooter/hunter/knife-maker via the phone last night, he did a bit of angling.

First he set the bait; A mutual friend (J.P.) was looking to sell his Winchester Model 94, .45LC, was I interested? :roll:

Next he set the line; What sort of condition is it in? Used but well looked after. :)

Next he set the hook; He has a lot of ammo (reloads) with it. Well, I already have the dies and some ammo. [smilie=1:

Hooked! What is he asking for it? $.................... I'll find out for you.

Damn it! I must have 'sucker' written across me forehead, not that I feel like one as I have been trying to get another L/A since I sold this bloke my MARLIN .357" several years back. :mrgreen:

NOW, to the reason for my thread, granted I don't have all the details of the firearm yet; what are they like? :Fire:

John.

crazy mark
08-31-2008, 11:17 PM
I have an angle eject trapper model with the 16" barrel from Big 5 a few years ago when the were $250 on sale. It shoot any gr boolits I have tried in it up to 360 gr. Handt little carbine. I have a 1.4 x 4.5 scope on it. Mark

Bigjohn
08-31-2008, 11:31 PM
I believe the present owner was using it for what we call down here; 'Western Action'.
With that in mind, I would say the loads would have been mild and as the gentleman travels a lot; without firearms, I would say shot rarely.

I will hopefully know this week as to the exact condition and price.

While I don't shoot Western Action matches, I do shoot in the lever action matches my club holds on every fifth weekend and I'm lookin' for a handy carbine.

John.

Just Duke
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
G-die.
I had the carbine in 44 magnum and it shot fantasic. Wish I would have never sold it though.
Bob's your uncle. ;)

DanWalker
09-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I've had an angle eject 94 trapper in 45LC for 8 years now. It's one of my favorite rifles.
I've hunted a lot with it and it has never let me down.
It isn't hard to duplicate 454 casull handgun performance with my rifle, and I've never heard of that having any problems with anything that walks this earth.
I've loaded it with everything from roundballs over a pinch of red dot for small game, to HOT loads of 2400 under a 320gr wfngc, for deer, hogs, and anything else.

PatMarlin
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I love my carbine. The only bad thing is a hard trigger pull and I haven't found a gunsmith that can guarantee a good trigger job.

I shoot 320gr lbt wfn's and 4227 that will flat put down most critters out here.