PDA

View Full Version : Need a lube recommendation...one of White Label's products

jamesp81
02-19-2018, 04:38 PM
I may be getting a lube sizer in the near future, and I'm deciding ahead of time which lube to get for it. I will be casting and loading 45 ACP, 9mm, and 357 Magnum to start with. I may add 10mm Auto, 243 Winchester, and 223 Remington at a later date.

For the pistol cartridges especially, which of White Label's lubes works well? I'd like to have something that will stay in place such that boolits can be stored loose in cardboard boxes until ready to load. I'm told Carnauba Red is tacky and probably not the best for this. Looking at Carnauba Blue, 2500+, or one of the hard commercial lubes. What has worked well for you?

Tazman1602
02-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Forget the commercial lubes, I just posted on another thread. For years I used rooster red, Thompson blue angel, etc until I found lsstuff.com lubes. Every one has worked great and carnuba red is all I use in big bore rifles now.

If you're unsure, give them a call - if they say it will work it will. Great products!

Art

dannyd
02-19-2018, 05:32 PM
I switched from Thompson Lube (Bear Cold) to Carnube Blue works great.

ShooterAZ
02-19-2018, 06:11 PM
I use White Label's BAC in just about everything, pistols & rifles. It's a soft lube, It's basically 50/50 with Carnuba added. It does not need a heater. In the warmer months I will melt a stick of the Carnuba Red in with the BAC to stiffen it up a little. I use a big Pyrex measuring cup as a double boiler, then just pour the lube into my RCBS LamII. I haven't tried the Carnuba Blue yet, my next order with White Label I'm going to get some.

sghart3578
02-19-2018, 08:47 PM
I just tried Carnauba Blue for the first time. I pan lubed some NOE 360-180-WFN for my Marlin.

I will shoot them tomorrow and let you guys know.

Iowa Fox
02-19-2018, 10:15 PM
As long as we are talking about White Label products I'm going to bring up their foot lotion. For the last 3-5 years my old feet get so dry and cracked in the winter I can hardly get out of bed and stand on them they hurt so bad. I tried the stuff my wife uses on her feet but the stuff burned my feet and left them feeling greasy. I had been wanting to try their carnuba blue so it was a perfect opportunity to try them both. I got a jar of each, thick stuff & thin stuff and some carnuba blue. In two days I could get out of bed without pain, in 7-10 days my feet were nice and soft again. Thanks Glenn & Leah. When the weather warms up and hopefully soon as I'm sick of this winter I'll give the blue lube a try. Their other lubes have been working well for me since they started selling them here.

Tom W.
02-19-2018, 11:51 PM
I've been using Carnauba Red for a number of years now on all of my cast boolits, from .30 cal on up to .480 when I had one that big. I tried some others, but CR is the best for me.

Beagle333
02-20-2018, 12:20 AM
I really am liking the blue. Try a little of each! They'll let you mix the sticks and you can order more than once! No need to buy a lifetime supply of just one, yet. ;)