PDA

View Full Version : Portable pole weights

abunaitoo
02-18-2018, 09:46 PM
I'm looking for two portable pole weights.
I have a pole partition that I use for our up coming Gunshow.
It's a round base with a pole sticking up in the center.
It needs to be weighted so it will not tip over easily.
I'm looking for something round, about 12", 3" to 4: high, with a hole in the center, that can be filled with water and emptied after use.
I've looked around and can't find anything like this.
I want it water filled so I don't have the extra weight to carry.

maxreloader
02-18-2018, 10:05 PM
try a bar/restaurant outdoor furniture supplier... they use them to hold them umbrellas outside while you drink your pina coladas.

JBinMN
02-18-2018, 11:19 PM
You could prolly get by with a couple/three/four of old blue jeans pants legs cut off with some trash can liners pushed inside them , filled with water & then the trash can liner tied off & then the "sand bags/"water" bags" tied off on the outside. Then place how ever many ya make & need for weight & place them on the "base" of that pole.

Just turn the jeans leg sections inside out, tie off with some baling twine/string/cordage, or even a decent zip tie, turn back to have the outside showing ( for "looks") & then put the trash can liners ( like "hefty" brand) bottom inside by the knot on the inside of the "tube", fill the liner with water & then tie it off & then tie off the top of the "sand/water bag" with more twine/cordage.

Make however many ya need & then empty them when done. Save the "sand bags" for using with sand when ya go shooting as a rest for your firearms, or just save for the next time ya need to do this again.
:)

G'Luck! on whatever ya decide!
:)

lightman
02-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Not water filled but I think a couple of barbell weights would work out well. You would still have the weight to deal with but they might be less problematic than messing with water. I was at a show this weekend and noticed a few guys had these PVC signs attached with "C" clamps. Just a couple of ideas.

blackthorn
02-19-2018, 12:11 PM
12" blue-green plastic pipe with a cap glued on. Might be able to get one from your local plumber or maybe from your city works folk.

Driver33
02-19-2018, 07:52 PM
A bucket with a piece of pvc pipe epoxied in the bottom. Insert pole fill with water remove pole an pour out when done

iomskp
02-19-2018, 08:16 PM
If you get the plastic barbell weights they are bigger than the steel ones for the same weight.

abunaitoo
02-22-2018, 03:57 AM
Thanks. Lots of good suggestions.
I will see if I can do the PVC one.
Need to make it light as possible.
I have lots of stuff I take to the show.