PDA

View Full Version : To know you're being looked after

Goatwhiskers
02-13-2018, 11:39 PM
Kinda had a wake-up call over the weekend. Been having a touch of mild nausea with a slight dizzy feeling for the last part of the week, no other untoward signs. Wife went to Texas for 4 days to visit out daughter near Corpus. Woke up Sunday definitely nauseated and dizzy. Went ahead and called ambulance to be safe, called wife who wanted to know if she should start back, told her no, everything under control, I'll call if need be. Well, to make a long story short doc at hospital told me I'd had a heart attack,but couldn't say exactly when. Point is, as I said some time back every morning I pray to remember that nothing is going to happen today that the Lord and I together can't handle and when all this started at 4:15AM I had already turned it over to the Lord. Came home Monday noon feeling much better, 'nother handful of pills to keep up with, and a pending visit with my GP and a cardiologist. For me, I'm not worried, just another step on the road of getting older. I'm thankful I had a couple opportunities to share the Gospel with staff members who in turn made the whole episode quite tolerable. Thanks Lord for looking after this old curmudgeon. GW

Hogtamer
02-14-2018, 12:06 AM
Great testimony, thank you Father!

Boaz
02-14-2018, 06:04 AM
You just went on my prayer list . Take care of yourself brother , you have lifted me up many times through your thoughts here . Be well !

daloper
02-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Father God. I thank you for being with Goatwhiskers and watching over him. Be with him and the doctors and give them the wisdom to guild his treatment. We thank you for all you do in our lives. How you watch over us and how you pour your mercy on us. Give him strength so that he can continue to be a witness for you and your kingdom. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray. Amen

GhostHawk
02-14-2018, 09:19 AM
Seems like you have your head in the right place.

Hang in there.

Preacher Jim
02-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Lord be with you and your family we will be praying for you.

Goatwhiskers
02-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Well, my GP says he's sure that I have a bit of a blockage, stepped in and called my cardio and got my appointment moved from 22nd to the 19th. He's a good man. Keeping my dynamite pills in my shirt pocket just in case. When they mention cardiac problems, it's sorta scary, as I'm sure a lot of you know. It's not under my control, but His. Thank you, Lord, for favors granted. GW

USMC87
02-16-2018, 09:26 AM
I appreciate your great testimony and know we are praying for you.