PDA

View Full Version : Cream of Jalapeno soup

Boaz
02-13-2018, 09:11 PM
I used a Texas cookbook several years ago to make this soup . It was really good , I cheated and used canned tomatoes . I keep forgetting to make it again .

this soup Ingredients:
1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 fresh jalapeņos, stemmed and seeded
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
2 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes
8 cups heavy cream
1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:
Mince the jalapeņos and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the jalapeņos, onion and garlic and sauté, stirring, until vegetables are softened (not browned).
Remove the pan from heat and stir in the avocado, tomatoes and cream. Lower the temperature and return pan to heat, watching and stirring so the cream does not separate. Bring the soup slowly back to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for about 50 to 60 minutes or until reduced by one-third. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in the chopped cilantro, reserving some for garnish. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro.

fiberoptik
02-13-2018, 10:19 PM
I made jalapeņo jelly once. None of my Mexican friends were willing to try it! Sure didn’t last long though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thundarstick
02-14-2018, 03:46 PM
It sounds yummy just reading the recipe!

gwpercle
02-14-2018, 05:47 PM
I made jalapeņo jelly once. None of my Mexican friends were willing to try it! Sure didn’t last long though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jalapeno pepper jelly & cream cheese on a Ritz cracker....some pickled sausage and it's a wonderful snack!

Cream of Jalapeno Soup sounds tasty on a cold night !
Gary

Bulldogger
02-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Sounds like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing Boaz.
BDGR

farmerjim
02-15-2018, 10:27 AM
I sure couldn't loose weight eating that. It sounds delicious.