PDA

View Full Version : make a lefty ar?

nekshot
02-12-2018, 05:26 PM
I am left handed and tired of shooting right handed! I got a lefty bolt rifle out of storage and it seemed odd at first and I say this is crazy. I want to build a ar for me and I got to thinking. I want a slick sided upper. No coleman lamp pump, no door or lid on the side, and maybe close the little hole at back. Now with that type receiver can I cut a slot on left side for a handle attached to bolt and not jeopardize the strength of the upper? I really don't care about the looks or what folk may think that see it. I want a left handed ar.

nagantguy
02-12-2018, 05:44 PM
My best friend has and loves the mirror image left hand Stag arms. Only one I know off the top of my head,I don't know if they sell just uppers.

Steelshooter
02-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Bear Creek Arsenal has what you need.

CajunRebel
02-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Stag makes and sells left-handed rifles, uppers, and related parts. I have bought all.

bruce drake
02-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Someone already as thrown out Stag as the top LH Ar15 builder but there are several in the United States who make lefty components. A Google search will quickly give you an idea of the potential cost on this.

Dirtdgger
02-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Nekshot, I went with a side charger upper. Do a google search loads of them come up. Worth a look.

nekshot
02-13-2018, 02:49 PM
I saw a few and was more than I could afford. This fixed income deal is a drag.I cannot spend the way I used to!

Texas by God
02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
My southpaw cousin has two left handed bolt actions and two right handed ARs with ambi controls. They work for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

winelover
02-14-2018, 08:37 AM
My southpaw cousin has two left handed bolt actions and two right handed ARs with ambi controls. They work for him.

Same in my case. A right handed AR, set up for a lefty, works great at the bench.......the ejection port is right there. No shifting if loading over the top, if required too. Some ranges require this.

Winelover

Houndog
02-18-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm a lefty and use a RH Ar with the addition of an ambi safety, ambi bolt release and an ambi mag release. It's no problem at all as far as I'm concerned.

Lloyd Smale
02-19-2018, 09:04 AM
like was said stag has kind of what you want but I don't think they make one without a brass deflector, cover or forward assist