PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 Lubrisizer help.

The Kaiser
02-11-2018, 05:44 PM
I let a friend take my Lubersizer to lube pistol bullets and he left pistol lube in it. I lube with SPG. Any suggestions on the best way to get the lube that's in there now out? Thanks:
Gary

mehavey
02-11-2018, 05:52 PM
- Run the pressure nut down/squeeze the excess left out into the open die channel, and poke it out the bottom (twisted paper towel).
- Pull the screw and pressure nut out completely.
- Pour boiling water through all and wipe things out (twisted-up paper towel again) while still warm
- Re-fill (after cooling) w/ SPG/DFL/Crisvo-Beeswax (etc)

The Kaiser
02-11-2018, 05:58 PM
mehavey.
Thanks. Gary

dimaprok
02-11-2018, 06:40 PM
- Run the pressure nut down/squeeze the excess left out into the open die channel, and poke it out the bottom (twisted paper towel).
- Pull the screw and pressure nut out completely.
- Pour boiling water through all and wipe things out (twisted-up paper towel again) while still warm
- Re-fill (after cooling) w/ SPG/DFL/Crisvo-Beeswax (etc)I did very similar except i pushed the "bullet" rod down halfway and that way when I screwed in plunger it it ejected lube in same fashion as sausage is made and I just rolled it in to circle. Than i used long flat screw and other tools to scoop up the rest. I didnt want to deal with water. It worked out pretty well and I saved the old lube. This was Ben's Red other lubes might be more difficult or easier to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

waco
02-11-2018, 07:05 PM
When I clean my 450 I put it in a big stock pot and boil it.