PDA

View Full Version : Church

Hickok
02-10-2018, 07:02 PM
I just want to say, I hope all of you who are able and willing, make it to your respective places of worship tomorrow. [smilie=s:

square butte
02-10-2018, 08:13 PM
We'll be there

Boaz
02-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Thank you for caring .

dverna
02-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Yes, God willing.

OS OK
02-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Why is that? Is the world going to end or are we trying to set a record??

Yeah...maybe some of the Pastors want to set a record...get a bunch of $'s in the collection plates...grow their church, who knows the heart of man?
Only our Lord Jesus above knows the hearts of man....do you know 'who' that is? I wonder...maybe you are just angry....maybe some of the fellas in this Chapel will pray for you...Why is that?

rl69
02-10-2018, 09:53 PM
I'll be there

jmort
02-10-2018, 09:57 PM
"Funny
My post is gone again. I guess you folks can't take it when I rattle your cage a little"

You rattle no one. You have zero respect for this Sub-forum which is "The Chapel"
A place for Christians to Worship, fellowship, learn, and pray.
I am disappointed that you refuse to respect that fact.
Wrong place for someone dimissive and rude.
"You folks..."
Statements like that are beyond the pale

Back to OP
Church Hotline just informed us no Church
We got ice, conditions very unsafe
God Bless and God Speed to all

Biggin
02-10-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm a backsliding hillbilly but I go to church as often as I can. Those that makes light of going to church don't have my respect but my pity.

GhostHawk
02-10-2018, 11:14 PM
I spent that hour today visiting the seniors in the old folks home with my little dog Casey.

We have a few regulars that wait for us, and always meet some new friends.

Call it a personal alternative. One that suits me and my dog, and seems to make the big guy happy.

rancher1913
02-10-2018, 11:16 PM
for me church is setting on a hay bale watching the cows eat and conversing with the man above, i do it more than just sunday.

Preacher Jim
02-10-2018, 11:51 PM
I for the life of me can not understand the arguementitive posts. I do have the desire to see people grow in the Lord, pray, learn and grow,, but if this happens again I must use the hammer to stop the stuff.

OS OK
02-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Funny

My post is gone again. I guess you folks can't take it when I rattle your cage a little.

It's not cage rattling...it's all in GOD's plan...this so-called 'Church' of today needs a little prodding, needs people like you...needs a few members to get up and say ...ENOUGH...in fact, it needs fellas like you who strike out in anger and pain...otherwise how else would one know that the Lord Jesus is working and moving amongst us today?
In case you haven't noticed, the Lord God Almighty is answering prayers at this moment...God is restoring this Nation to a Christian Stronghold once more, doing this in the face of Evil...doing this because man has prayed to him for forgiveness & has changed his ways...2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
He's waiting on you right now...all you have to do is bend a knee & ask HIM to help...you don't have to wake up another day like you are right now.

tinhorn97062
02-11-2018, 12:01 AM
I’m just trying to stay busy being the Church.

Hogtamer
02-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Yes I will be there to worship God; to stir up love and good works and support and encourage my fellow believers and receive the same. Going early in fact, to pray with some brothers for revival in our community. Hebrews 10:24.

Hickok
02-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Those of you who know me here, will surely know that I was not being disrespectful nor condescending when offering an invitation to attend a gathering of fellow believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

We, the family of Christ, are the "church", whether we are in a building, or elsewhere. As a gathering or assembly, we are a "church".

Hebrews 10; 23-25:grin:

Wayne Smith
02-11-2018, 08:33 AM
God is in Me, not the building. I bring God to Church, to meet with others who do the same thing.

Hickory
02-11-2018, 08:34 AM
I was going to church this morning but there is about 1/4" of ice on everything. My soul will be released soon enough, no need to hasten it by losing my life this morning.
I'll use today to pray for an early spring and make the groundhogs predictions wrong!

USMC87
02-11-2018, 09:12 AM
I pastor a small flock of 16 Brothers and Sisters in Christ and am so happy to serve in the capacity God has granted me. We meet in my house, There is no offering taken at all, God has already provided the bills to be paid and the church is cleaned by my loving help mate. Church is where God's people meet and that is here at my house, I have listened to many belittle us for meeting in my house but God does not live in a building but in His people!

Boaz
02-11-2018, 09:14 AM
I for the life of me can not understand the arguementitive posts. I do have the desire to see people grow in the Lord, pray, learn and grow,, but if this happens again I must use the hammer to stop the stuff.

Jim I agree . These folks come only to distract and start believers here to argue among themselves . There is no other reason . If you let them distract you then they have succeeded in their efforts . But they are willing to take a strike or to be banned , it's worth that much to them . They live in darkness .

Pine Baron
02-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Those of you who know me here, will surely know that I was not being disrespectful nor condescending when offering an invitation to attend a gathering of fellow believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

We, the family of Christ, are the "church", whether we are in a building, or elsewhere. As a gathering or assembly, we are a "church".

Hebrews 10; 23-25:grin:

We know, brother. God Bless you.

Boaz
02-11-2018, 09:27 AM
I pastor a small flock of 16 Brothers and Sisters in Christ and am so happy to serve in the capacity God has granted me. We meet in my house, There is no offering taken at all, God has already provided the bills to be paid and the church is cleaned by my loving help mate. Church is where God's people meet and that is here at my house, I have listened to many belittle us for meeting in my house but God does not live in a building but in His people!

Thank you . My church started meeting in the pastors home , when people coming got to about 20 a local funeral home let them meet in their Chapel . Times for the service had to vary for funerals . We now have a building and around 140 attending for the service .

We do a lot of outreach , have a great youth program , drug rehab program and many that will work . GOD is amazing !

dverna
02-11-2018, 09:35 AM
I visited here often when I was an atheist. Even as an atheist, common decency dictates anyone in this, or any Chapel, show respect. If someone cannot do that, they should not enter.

For the few who wish to instigate, most here are good people. Yes, there are one or two, who have made posts that have made me question their true beliefs, but that is to be expected. None of us are perfect....some less so.

I would hope banning is not necessary. Everyone should be welcomed. But everyone should show civility too. If you wish to stir the pot, go to the Pit. This is not the place for it. Just my $.02.

Snowing hard here, but leaving for church soon.

Boaz
02-11-2018, 09:52 AM
Thank you Don . You have always been welcome and have always been friendly and courteous .

Steppapajon
02-11-2018, 11:49 AM
common decency dictates anyone in this, or any Chapel, show respect.

I never understood why this was such a hard concepct for some people. Almost everyone I have ever met beleives different than me on some subject. A little common decency goes a long ways in this world.
SPJ

Wayne Smith
02-11-2018, 01:56 PM

Such people have no understanding of Church history either. The Church started meeting in homes in the first century. No reason why we should abandon that now!

jmort
02-11-2018, 02:01 PM
There has been a growing home church movement for the last few years
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Matthew 18:20 et seq

rancher1913
02-11-2018, 02:35 PM
hopefully no one took my post the wrong way, just meant to show I attend church, just not a building.

Preacher Jim
02-11-2018, 02:52 PM
No rancher good and correct post we believers are the church and make it a church when we meet together to worship. My church started in my living room, moved as a bible study to a restaurant meeting room decided to organise as a church body that took from 93 to 2002 to develop. Still small church with a great group who love the Lord, worship him, and serve him.

dverna
02-11-2018, 04:39 PM
hopefully no one took my post the wrong way, just meant to show I attend church, just not a building.

Heck no sir.

It live in God’s country in rural MI. I attend church both in a building, or sitting by the fire looking at the heavens, or walking in the woods. There are times I want the fellowship of others, and times when I find God alone with my thoughts.