PDA

View Full Version : shipment from russia

rancher1913
02-10-2018, 04:37 PM
ordered some of the compensator tail wads from the auction site we can not say and the first package with the mold made it fairly quick but the package of wads have been in Chicago for a month, anybody do business with a foreign company and lose a package at customs, am I out of luck or do most reship.

I understand certain countries outlaw gun stuff but plastic shotgun wads should make it through customs here with no problems.

another member here ordered the same time I did and his made it just fine.

sent notice to usps to search for it but have no faith they will even try.

Der Gebirgsjager
02-10-2018, 04:48 PM
If Customs had it they'd probably send you a notice, as has happened to me a couple of times, and then they'd tell you what is needed to have it forwarded to it's destination, or what the disposition will be if it won't be forwarded. So more than likely the USPS has misplaced it. I've found that it helps to phone their national customer service number in Washington, D.C., give them all the pertinent information like dates, where from, where to, a tracking number if you have it. Good luck with this problem.

Traffer
02-10-2018, 05:02 PM
I order stuff from China all the time. I have had stuff get stuck in Chicago also. Sometimes so long that I thought it would never come. But after a while it did come. A couple of times it took well over a month past the time I thought I would receive it. I think they play games with us.

skeettx
02-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Watching this thread
Mike

Thin Man
02-10-2018, 05:41 PM
A few months ago I bought an incomplete Russian Tokarev TT-33, slide is dated 1943. It came without the slide stop and the recoil assembly. Prowling through the web I found these parts in ads that claimed the sellers were located in Russia and Poland. I ordered and received these items in a timely manner, given the distance from "there to here". Then I ordered a period correct holster and cleaning rod, again from far away, same result as the earlier buys. While the Patriot Act may not allow export, but it hasn't stopped imports. Perhaps your luck will change, sounds like an isolated case.

swamp
02-10-2018, 05:53 PM
I thought there was a trade embargo with Russia. Ever since they went into Ukraine?
swamp

kodiak1
02-10-2018, 08:54 PM
It will all depend on the laws of the USA what can and cannot be imported into the country and were from.
We run into it here in Canada when getting items out of the USA or any other country.