PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

snowwolfe
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I will be asking quite a few questions over the next few months. I used to cast revolver bullets when i was very young but was under the supervision of an adult who knew more than I did by a long shot. I am now 52 years old and I reside in Eagle River, Alaska. I am an avid handgun shooter/hunter. I will be casting for my S&W 500's and a couple of 44 mags. I may possibly add plinking bullets to use in my 375H&H and 416 Rem Mag at a later date. I am simply fed up with the high cost of handgun bullets and there sometime disappointing performance. Over the past year I was able to lay in a nice supply of Lyman#2 (250 pounds) from Buffalo Arms. They were kind enough to work with me and ship me the alloy through the Post Office using there flat rate boxes which saved me a ton of shipping charges. Now that I have enough alloy in supply I will begin to research casting equipment such as sizers, molds, furnance, etc. I look forward to learning about this area. Thank you.

MacGregor
11-22-2005, 05:38 PM
the wife managed to score 5 gallon bucketfulls of wheel weights for me... amazing what a skirt & a smile will do, i had asked previously and the answer was some "EPA requirements" bs...

5 gallon bucket weighs about 140lbs, i get about 120lbs of usable lead outta that...

The Nyack Kid
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
welcome
tell you what, you are going to like this boolit casting stuff anough that 250 lbs wont last very long .
ask away ,we like answering questions here.

Maven
11-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Snowwolfe, Glad to see you made the trip from the AR board. You won't be disappointed!

Buckshot
11-24-2005, 04:13 AM
..........snowwolfe, Welcome aboard!

............Buckshot

8mmshooter
11-24-2005, 10:21 AM
You will find these folks here a treasure trove of information..... but be warned they will have you corrupted in the way of the "silver stream". I too started with the pistola boolits years ago; now I have been corrupted into the ways of the cast boolits in the rifle as well...... still have alot to learn as I am just an apprentice in the true path. All kiddin aside glad to learn from the diversity of these fine folks. You will not find another group of folks as willin to help the uninitiated as these. 8mmshooter

JDL
11-24-2005, 11:40 AM
A hearty welcome snowwolf! I predict you'll move to on to rifle boolits as well. -JDL

NVcurmudgeon
11-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Snowolfe, welcome to the board. You are taking the same path I did; casting pistol boolits and thinking I had seen it all. Wait until you make your first rifle boolits, then the fun will reallly begin!