PDA

View Full Version : Cost of new lead WW`s

Hardcast416taylor
02-06-2018, 03:03 PM
An online auction ended last night. One of the items was a box with 17 lb. of new wheel weights. It sold for $47.00 , + 10% commission + 6% sales tax Kind of a high price for that much lead. People get caught up in the bidding and get burned by it.Robert

JBinMN
02-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Amazing... Yes, folks do go a bit crazy at auctions...

too many things
02-06-2018, 04:03 PM
well if you have a tire shop that would be a good buy. so you have to think he may have made a very good deal for his shop. they are not cheap new from a tire supply place. By law he can use lead if they are new.

lightman
02-06-2018, 06:38 PM
That sounds expensive but I have not priced new weights in a long time. A good auctioneer can really get people to bidding!

RogerDat
02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
I guess for a tire shop total weight matters less than how many tires will it cover. However if you don't mind COWW's with all the yucky steel clips melted out of them....

...I could probably hook you up with 17# for no more than say $42.50 plus shipping and handling of course :bigsmyl2: Auctions require knowing market value, replacement value, and value to you, aka the top price you will pay. Have heard waaay too many stories of auction madness blowing through all three to arrive at "what are you thinking?" price.