PDA

View Full Version : Grip frame Ruger Single action

ronniet
02-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Anyone know what type of grip frame I can use on a Single SIx other than the aluminum one?

GOPHER SLAYER
02-06-2018, 05:43 PM
I think Brownel sells an after market grip frame in blued steel for a little over $100. You could buy one made of stainless from Ruger.

Texas by God
02-06-2018, 07:47 PM
A SBH grip frame will also work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

contender1
02-06-2018, 11:44 PM
The screw holes in the Single-Six grip frame are the same as all other SA Rugers. In theory, any & all ruger grip frames will mount up to any frame.
It's easiest to stay with OM to OM & NM to NM. This is due to the trigger return spring assy. You can use a NM g/f under an OM,,, IF you make an adapter block for the trigger return spring. I've done several of them.
AND, there is also one other consideration. The more recent production of guns do not have the notch recess in the back of the frame that the older SA's have. If the gun has the notch recesses,,, and you get a g/f w/o the mating ears, no problem. But if you have the ears on the g/f, and no notch,, problem.
Since you didn't mention the age of your Single-Six, you MAY have a few minor issues with this.

Drm50
02-07-2018, 12:32 AM
Back in 3screw days I use to switch Black Hawk and Super Black Hawk frames with nothing except
a screw driver. A lot of guys hated the square back guard on SBH, I liked them. I would swap guys
even and I would do the swap. I would buy used SBH and swap them out on my BHs. I never did
a swap out on a Single -6. I don't know why I didn't, but I'm thinking there must have been one
or I would have done it. I still have the old single-6s & SBHs, I'm going to check that out. I quit
Ruger when they came out with New Model, I know very little about them.

Drm50
02-07-2018, 12:51 AM
Contender 1 is right as far as Old model Ruger SAs. I don't know about New Models. I got off my
butt and checked out OM in S-6 & SBH. The frames will interchange, screw spacing and width of
frame are the same. I did see why I never did it. It wasn't due to fitting, a SBH grip frame would
be out of proportion on the small S-6. In other words it would look like ****, I knew there had to
be some reason I didn't do it. That was 50yrs ago, a guy gets soft between the ears with that kind
of time.