PDA

View Full Version : AK Bolt lug Sheared - WOW

Artful
02-06-2018, 12:26 AM
Post removed by user

WJP
02-06-2018, 09:29 AM
When I saw the title it instantly popped in my head I.O. gun.

Smoke4320
02-06-2018, 10:38 AM
what do you expect from inept ordinance

Mytmousemalibu
02-06-2018, 11:09 AM
I saw that, I subscribe to the In Range guys. Glad I don't have any I.O. junk.

Tim from Military Arms Channel recently did a video with AK Operator's Union on the Century C39V2 and it is showing problems too. Not I.O. bad but not far off. Headspace is opening up, uneven bolt lug mating and lug wear.

Shame, I was hoping Century had their act together finally.

Earlwb
02-09-2018, 06:27 PM
It makes me glad that I stayed away from the AK's. I have a SKS, but there AKs didn't seem to interest me. But many years ago, I guess I should have gotten one before the junky ones started to be sold.

dkf
02-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Many of the AKs tested like the Century AKs have uneven bolt engagement on the locking lugs. Therefore the bolt locks up crooked often on the secondary lug and ends up breaking the lug or bolt.

There is nothing wrong with an AK IF it is made right. As far as I am concerned the time to buy AKs has long since past. With the worthless bans and sanctions .GOV has been doing, good quality import AKs are next to nil. Now what we are left with is mostly junk. Were surely can build a quality AK in the US but the price will be up there. The AK is not like the AR as far as the ease of building. The AK needs craftsman whom know what they are doing to assemble them properly and it needs the proper parts. We are seeing a lot of junk parts (mostly cast) not dimensionally right nor heat treated properly, then not assembled properly either. So we get the junk we currently have. I don't know about you but I'd would rather buy an SKS and a decent AR or two vs one decent AK. Not uncommon now to spend $1300 to over rwo grand on a good quality AK. If I am spending that there are better options IMO.