PDA

View Full Version : I just got a new Lee mold!

docone31
02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Lee has stepped up to the plate here. Polished cavities, accurate alignment, even put the mold number on the mold itself. I will soak it up in mineral spirits overnight, and cast away.
Amazing difference. Go Lee! Very well made.

Rcmaveric
02-05-2018, 06:50 PM
To my inexperience eye, my Lee molds are just as good my as others. They work and cast just as good accurate bullets.

Flailguy
02-05-2018, 08:11 PM
I have had good results with all but one of my lee molds. The problem child is a 457-405gr. It is out of round by .004

gwpercle
02-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Lee has stepped up to the plate here. Polished cavities, accurate alignment, even put the mold number on the mold itself. I will soak it up in mineral spirits overnight, and cast away.
Amazing difference. Go Lee! Very well made.
Be sure and take off any sharp edges and burrs.
The new ones are much improved but the sprue plates still need a little TLC.
Gary

docone31
02-06-2018, 11:12 AM
WHat I do with the aluminum molds, is to smear Clover on a casting, and cast through a galvanized nut. This I eject, and add Clover. I take a wrench and then turn it in the other cavity, same with the other casting. This I put in the other cavity, and turn. I do this with four castings. They shake out of the mold then.

stubert
02-09-2018, 07:42 PM
I have a Lee pro-20 for many years, It does not drip if you turn the spout once and a while

tankgunner59
02-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Most of my equipment is Lee and I haven't had any problems with any of them. I have a Lee production pot 4 and it doesn't drip either. I take that back, I had one mishap. One of the primer tray covers for my Lee auto prime broke and wouldn't stay on. Lee replaced it free of charge.