PDA

View Full Version : Galef Companion 12 Ga Single Shot

M_59
02-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I came into a Galef Companion shotgun. It's a pretty nice gun but the extractor doesn't work. It looks as there may be a part/parts missing in the hinge area. Perhaps a part shaped like a woodruff key? Anyone have one of these that can give me an idea of what activates the extractor? Thanks

pietro
02-04-2018, 04:19 PM

The extractor (below) is one piece, driven directly by the barrel's monoblock swinging on the hinge.

Your extractor may have broken at the recessed notch for it's retaining pin in it's underside & need replacement.

Numrich has extractors ($10) for all gauges listed under the Beretta Companion folder - which is what your Galef was cloned from.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/beretta/shotguns-beretta/fs-1

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/pub/products/1396480.jpg

M_59
02-04-2018, 09:54 PM
The extractor appears to be intact. I believe the retaining pin is one thing that is missing. What is the "extractor activator" mentioned in the Numrich link? Thanks

Jedman
02-07-2018, 05:06 PM
I checked the link you posted hoping they had extractors for a 410 but no luck.
Most of the parts look a lot like the Yildiz folding single shot and parts for them are not for sale but warranted by Briley.

Jedman

pietro
02-08-2018, 06:23 PM
The extractor appears to be intact. I believe the retaining pin is one thing that is missing. What is the "extractor activator" mentioned in the Numrich link? Thanks

The extractor should still move (work), even with the absence of the retaining pin - which simply keeps the extractor in the monoblock when the gun is open.

Since you stated the extractor's not working at all, and it has not broken (or has a portion of the broken retaining pin in there, jamming it), I would suggest you totally disassemble the extractor/etc, to figure out what's up.

M_59
02-09-2018, 02:49 AM
I have disassembled the firearm. I have had the extractor out and it appears as though there is nothing wrong with it. The retaining pin is missing though.. I do not see what actuates the extractor is why I am wondering what is the "extractor activator" mentioned in the parts link?

rking22
02-09-2018, 01:25 PM
On the Yildiz ( sorta copy) the extractor is operated by a roller pin that rides sholders on the frame as its opened. Think wheels on each side of the barrel lug mounted to an axle that moves the extractor in a slot.

M_59
02-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Does the roller pin also act as the extractor retainer? thanks

rking22
02-10-2018, 11:14 AM
I will post a picture when I get home, I cant remember, but I don't think so. Think there is a roll pin retainer and the roller actuator. Was just thinking the Yildiz concept might help you figure out what your missing parts may look like.

rking22
02-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Cross pin holds the extractor in using the notch as seen at post 2. Roller actuator operates on the end, pushing the extractor out to lift the casing. Breach face pushes it back in as the action is closed. Nice simple mechanism. That is how the Yildiz works, yours may be different in details.