PDA

View Full Version : new ruger single seven

sandman228
02-04-2018, 09:17 AM
well I posted a while back about regretting trading off my gp100 and single seven 327 fed mags. the wife and I were out shopping yesterday and I mentioned to her that I would eventually take a ride up to grice gun shop and pick up another . well we swung by a local gun shop while we were out and about to pick up a couple plastic ammo boxes and low and behold there sat a 5.5 inch ruger single seven in the display case I didn't get my hopes up because this particular shop isn't exactly known for good prices . I was very shocked when I read the tag and it said ruger factory demo $ 459.00 I looked at the wife and said wow I wasn't expecting to find this here let alone at this price ,the guy behind the counter said do you wanna take a look at it ,I said maybe if you twist my arm .so the wife pulls up a stool and sat down I just looked at her she says I know your gonna buy it and were gonna be a little while then says if you want it fine put it on a card then pay it off with income tax but tis is your share of the tax money I said that's fine lol so it came home with me . now I'm really kicking myself because when I left my last single seven go I left my dies and about 300 new starline cases go plus a couple hundred new and once fired federal cases and melted down all the 32 cal bullets I had ,so it looks like I'm starting from scratch .

sandman228
02-04-2018, 09:20 AM

Dan Cash
02-04-2018, 09:28 AM
At least you did not part with then buy back into something like a 10.5 Montenegrin. Your new six shooter looks nice.

AnotherNew1
02-04-2018, 09:32 AM
Sounds like you have a new shopping list to make??

Guesser
02-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Mine is a 5 1/2", like yours. Good shooter, maybe a great shooter; and the right size for the cartridge, IMO. Only 2 features detract from it being a great gun for me. 1. short cylinder, the other 5 revolvers in 327 that I've owned all had longer cylinder. 2. the indexing is off, Ruger should have left it as a 6 shooter. Other than those 2 rather inconsequential items; I really like mine. I did put a set of Hogue checked pau ferro stocks on it, better gription.......

sandman228
02-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Sounds like you have a new shopping list to make??

yea unfortunately I do . I already ordered a set of lee dies plus a crimp die from midway .I wanted rcbs but they were 80$ a set verses about 40 for a normal caliber like 357 or 9mm ,kinda makes me think they price gouge for odd calibers so I went with lee . I also ordered 100 rounds of starline brass plus I bought 100 rounds of federal American eagle factory ammo with the gun . so i'll at least have 200 rounds of brass to start out with .luckily I still have 2 32 cal molds and my .314 sizer die. I had an hour to spare today between my grandsons wrestling tournament and running the snow blower after the storm we just got so I melted 5 lb of ingots and casted up 400 90 gr swc bullets with my lee 2 cav mold .that was the best performing bullet I casted out of my other 2 327 mags I used to have . I plan on ordering more brass from midway down the road and I may order the lee 6 cav 93 gr rn mold I stayed away from that 1 before because I didn't like that it was only .311 diameter but now that I'm powder coating its a whole new game as far as gaining a little in diameter .