PDA

View Full Version : Weigand Scope Base For Ruger Single Six

silhouette_shooter
02-04-2018, 02:23 AM
I recently decided to install a scope base on My Ruger Single Six in 22 Magnum. After looking around, I decided to get a Weigand "no gunsmithing" Mount. The only thing about this scope base that made me apprehensive was the fact that it attaches to the revolver with only one screw. There's a second screw forward of the first screw but that's a vibration dampening, nylon tipped screw. I initially considered having the top strap drilled and tapped and incorporating a second screw but decided against this since the bottom of the base doesn't contact the top strap forward of the first, existing screw. Ended up using some Brownells Acra-Glass in lieu of second screw. I'm really happy with this solution since this revolver is very accurate and will consistently print groups of less than .750" at 25 yards. Great solution for shooters with older eyes.

GhostHawk
02-04-2018, 10:29 AM
I use a Weigand Dovetail mount on my Ruger Mk III 22/45. Its an old one no holes d/t for scope base. Putting even a cheap Truglo Red Dot sight on it made a world of difference for old eyes.

The dovetail mount came loose twice then I sealed the threads and locked them in good and it has held.

Innovative products and pretty reasonable prices IMO.