PDA

View Full Version : Hillsville, VA Gun Show / Flea Market

Yance
08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Anyone going to the HUGE Hillsville, VFW gun show/flea market this weekend?

Something like 1900 vendors and 300,000 folks passing through over the 4 days.

I'll be there at least tomorrow, possibly Saturday.

Wayne Smith
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Where is Hillsville? I'll be in Lynchburg, but probably busy.

madcaster
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Possibly Friday,probably not,but I am just about 50 miles from it.
Watch out for the road construction leading over from 77,it will be even more crowded!

10-x
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Used to live in Salem, VA...........went to Hillsville several years...........to get a spot in the gun show someone had to die...............now they have this rule that dealers cant sell til Friday...........regardless there are some "deals" to be had ........Just hope it dont rain to much.........its like the mud in Vietnam..........and check out the guy with the huge pair of jeans on his tent.....also freeze about 5-6 bottles of water and carry a small pack for the water and goodies you pick up.......it can be hotter than heck down there......its an all day event:drinks:

machinegun
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Was there Sat. and Sun. Really looking for a good deal on a .38 or .357 wheelgun. Prices seemed high to me, so didn't buy. Did pick up several ammo cans though.
Can't believe how many cans I have turned back in when I didn't have to. Now I have to pay for them.

Scrounger
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Friend of mine used to shoot the matches on Pendleton. He said the dumpsters were always crammed with ammo cans. Sometimes he'd ask someone and they'd let him fill up the backend of his little pickup with them. Those were the days...