PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Rock Chucker primer catcher and case ejector question

Big Tom
01-29-2018, 09:15 PM
You probably saw one of my primer catcher designs for the RCBS presses somewhere - now I continued down the design path and added a case ejector to the catcher design and was hoping to get some feedback here (good idea? useless?)

Also - if anybody who does a lot of depriming / reloading on his RC IV/Supreme is interested in doing a heavy duty test cycle on the catcher and give me some feedback after that, please send me a pm (can only give away one as that is currently my only prototype).

213012 213013 213014

https://youtu.be/2uWerWLsf_M

AZ Pete
01-29-2018, 09:50 PM
clever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Tom
01-30-2018, 08:17 AM
Found a volunteer to do the testing - any additional thoughts and feedback would still be appreciated!

BK7saum
01-30-2018, 10:42 AM
What's your price going to be on those. I was just thinking abut rigging up a case kicker on the RC supreme. Is it one complete unit with primer catcher and case kicker or can you set up the case kicker by itself?

I would like to use the case kicker by itself when I seat bullets and the primer catcher gets in the way

Big Tom
01-30-2018, 03:00 PM
It is the primer catcher and an integrated case ejector that can easily be removed (the ejector arm is a drop in).
Operating the case ejector on its own is not possible ("Rapid Case Kicker" or the "Inline Fabrication case ejector" would be the better choice for a standalone case ejector).

Once the testing is done, I will need to look at the pricing, it is probably going to be in the $40 range for the complete package (primer catcher, tube, front ram plugs, ejector arm, spring, and chute).

Big Tom
04-24-2018, 08:29 AM
I updated the design and added a part that can be used just as a case ejector without the complete primer catcher "in the way".

What's your price going to be on those. I was just thinking abut rigging up a case kicker on the RC supreme. Is it one complete unit with primer catcher and case kicker or can you set up the case kicker by itself?
I would like to use the case kicker by itself when I seat bullets and the primer catcher gets in the way

evoevil
04-24-2018, 09:13 AM
That's got a bit of pressure behind it