PDA

View Full Version : Update on Joe...from San Antonio

tinhorn97062
01-28-2018, 07:27 PM
I went to see Joe today. It was good to see him, but tough to see him that condition he doesn’t have any movement in his right arm, but his legs and left arm seem to work fine. He has a lot of trouble with his speech. For those who don’t know, he suffered a stroke recently. He’s able to understand things just fine, but trying to get his mouth to form the words that he wants to say is very difficult. He’s frustrated and feeling discouraged.

I told him that a few folks from Cast Boolits are praying for him, and he understands that and really appreciates it. I was able to sit with him for a while and pray with him.

While driving down to SA, I thought about the gravity of such simple things as visiting a person in the hospital. According to Jesus, such simple things carry much weight. I invite ya’ll to ponder the below scriptures, and I thank you for praying for Joe.

Matthew 25:35-36,40
[35] For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. [36] I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' [40] "And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'

skeettx
01-28-2018, 07:29 PM
Well done thou good and faithful servant.
Yeeeee Hawww
Mike

Boaz
01-28-2018, 07:39 PM
A good verse , thank you for caring . Prayer continues for Joe .

jmort
01-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Praying for our Brother
And for you
Good on you for visiting

popper
01-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Prayers that he doesn't let depression get him down. It can be worse than the physical problem. I assume he will have therapy to get the nerves working again.

tinhorn97062
01-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Prayers that he doesn't let depression get him down. It can be worse than the physical problem. I assume he will have therapy to get the nerves working again.

That’s where he is right now- physical therapy. I tried my best to encourage him.

Preacher Jim
01-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Tinhorn that is ministry. God bless you and give you the strength to keep going and ministering to Joe. Those visits mean more than you will ever know till you get to heaven.

Multigunner
01-28-2018, 08:38 PM
I'll add a prayer. Stay strong Joe.
Sometimes these things can reverse themselves depending on the extent of the damage. Since damage appears to be selective and limited he has a fair chance of recovery.

Pine Baron
01-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Good on you, tinhorn. You are a true friend. Prayers continue for Joe.

daloper
01-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Father God. I lift up Joe to you. Be with him and give him strength for his body and for his mind. Lay your hands upon him and heal him. You Father can do all things. I also lift up Tinhorn, give him strength as he carries on with giving encouragement to Joe. Bless them both and carry them through this time. We give you all the Glory for what you will do. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

USMC87
01-29-2018, 08:35 AM
Continued prayers for Joe.

koehn,jim
01-29-2018, 08:42 AM
I will add him to my list.

nekshot
01-29-2018, 09:52 AM
I pray for complete restoration in Jesus name. We declare Joe will not be depressed but remember what God has done for others He will do for Joe and more, for all the world to see and give Glory to God!