PDA

View Full Version : Added Another one to the Stable

MDC
01-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 41mag.
My nephew had had this one for several years and I guess never warmed up to it. I've probably shot it almost as much as he has. I finally traded him out of it. It has a good home now next to a 6" Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894S

shooting on a shoestring
01-28-2018, 07:37 AM
Well that sounds like a happy deal for both of you. I’ve never seen one of those Hunters in real life. I do like the stainless Blackhawks. How’s the fit/finish/dimensions?

41 Magnum revolver and rifle, seems like your’re 41 fan.

MDC
01-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Yes sir, I do like the 41s. I hope to some day have a 41 Special as well. I like single actions in general. My other nephew has a stainless Super Blackhawk (not the hunter model) in 454 Casull that is a great shooting gun.
To be honest, I'm not real impressed with the fit of the grips on this one. There is a pretty good gap at the top and front of the grips where they should meet the grip frame. I'll contact Ruger and see what can be done. I think it would look great with a set of black buffalo grips but not sure I want to go that route just yet.
All of the metal parts are well fit. I'll check it to see if it's going to work with my MP mold. Both the NM Blackhawk and the Marlin really shoot well with that boolit.
I traded him a Henry 41mag, so I think next deer season will be a bit of competition to see who can put one down first. My Marlin already has a couple of pigs to its credit but this one needs to be put to proper use.

Texas by God
01-28-2018, 11:10 PM
I catch and release .41 magnums. I need one to keep.
4-5/8" blue Ruger Blackhawk or a 4" S&W m57 would suit nicely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

osteodoc08
01-28-2018, 11:38 PM
My SBH hunter was my most accurate 41 Mag after opening up the throats a little with some sandpaper on a dowel. I wouldn't suggest you do this, just relating the story. It shot under 1" at 50 yards scoped and rested with 5 shots and 210 XTP loaded full tilt with 296. It should serve you well.