PDA

View Full Version : Magma Mark 8 Help!!

BulletMakerMan
01-24-2018, 12:22 PM
I work at an small ammunition manufacturer. We have Mark 8 caster and this morning it quit working. All the Bosses and managers are at Shot Show. It's just me and my buddy putting in some extra hours. The machine won't fire the two hammers that knock the bullets out of the mold. It gets to the 12 oclock position but won't fire. The lead still pours but the Hammers don't do anything. Every now and then the hammers will fire kind of but only 1 or 2 thumps. I'm new to this forum and hope I'm in the right section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andre3k
01-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Call Magma. The MK 8 is the current model and should have no problem with tech support. They built it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BulletMakerMan
01-24-2018, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your reply. I got it running. There was moisture in the air lines. We drained them out and, with a little air tool oil, she's up and running.

hunter74
01-25-2018, 05:30 AM
Glad to hear you found the problem. I recently had the same problem and air tool oil also solved mine. If the knockers fail it's usually lack of oil in the system or the solenoid controlling the knockers. According to Magma the pancake cylinders seldom fail.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk