PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19x

jmort
01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
I like the 19x
Think I will give one a go

Glock`s 19X combines the best features of two of its most popular and most trusted field-tested platforms. The full-size Glock 17 frame and the compact Glock 19 slide have joined forces for the ideal pistol for all conditions and all situations. The G19X stands out above the competition and has the ability to function in harsh climates and all conditions with increased accuracy and ultimate reliability. It was developed for the military and is a practical everyday pistol that will do what you need it to do, when you need it to; every time, in every condition. Among the additional design features of the G19X are the Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB) which delivers increased accuracy with enhanced polygonal rifling and an improved barrel crown, no finger grooves, ambidextrous slide stop levers for better versatility, and a lanyard loop. The G19X sports Glock`s first factory colored slide. Its nPVD slide coating prevents corrosion, resists chemicals, and stands up against the elements. This 19X has a coyote frame and slide finish with Glock night sights. It includes a standard 17-round magazine and two 17+2-round magazines along with a coyote-colored pistol case. Note: The G19X will be available beginning January 22, 2018.212437

9.3X62AL
01-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Glock's Commander Model.

eljefe
01-22-2018, 08:30 PM
I am a gun dealer and I just got two of them in. They look nice,
I am still scratching my head at the 19 slide on a 17 frame. I own
and shoot a 19 gen 3. The gen 5 guns are nice, as well.

dkf
01-23-2018, 01:08 AM
Military wanted the shorter slide with full size pistol capacity apparently. I'd like a 17 size slide with a 19 sized grip and 19 sized slide with the 26 sized grip myself. Never saw the need to go the other way. I don't plan to jump on the Gen5 Glock bandwagon because pretty much all the parts are not compatible with previous generation Glocks. Which means all the spare parts I have won't fit.

Lefty Red
01-23-2018, 02:30 PM
For a 4" barrel and full size grip, I would get the FN 509.

Shot the G17 Gen5 next to my buddies FN509 and I liked the feel of the FN better. Both pistols shot good for me, but the FN just pointed better. And I REALLY like the Gen5 G17!

Lefty

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tim338
01-23-2018, 03:07 PM
I have been pondering a Glock for some time. I am going to have to check one out. It looks good.

jmort
01-23-2018, 03:09 PM
I will report back when I get one.
I am on a waiting list with dealer or will go to Gun Broker if necessary
I am not in a hurry
Unlike others, the 19x makes sense to me

9.3X62AL
01-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Unlike others, the 19x makes sense to me

It makes ABUNDANT sense to me, as well. The "Commander" geometry of full sized frame and 4" to 4-1/4" barrel is a very useful configuration. The 4.02" barrel/slide makes sense internationally, too--it meets the "100 mm" length standard that a lot of nations specify as a minimum.

dougader
01-24-2018, 12:04 AM
I handled a couple yesterday as well. They're fine, but I'll keep my G19. I carry concealed, and the butt of the gun is the hardest part to conceal so this "Commander" style perplexes me, truth be told.

If I want a full size frame I'll take the full size barrel as well... to wit, the Sig P320 full size I picked up 2 weeks ago.

glockfan
01-24-2018, 12:20 AM
honestly ,apart of the ''marksman'' barrels (which still is a polygonal barrel) and the groovless grip, i just don't see anything on this gun that would be a '''great'' improvement in the accuracy department , nor i see any new elements who might improves the '''handling''' .

however , i can see mags hooking on the ''notch''' created by the new mag funnel design in fast reloads. i'm a glock fan,i have many, and i've drank their kool aid on many occasions.....but this one, i'm not holding my breath to get one.