PDA

View Full Version : Neglected Dillon Question

tred1956
01-21-2018, 01:58 AM
Son-in-law picked up a (I believe) Dillon 650. It is complete but was given to him by a friend who's grandfather passed away a few years back. It has been stored improperly and is pretty rusty and is in need of some replacement parts. What would be the best approach. Can he send it to Dillon to be reworked and if so what would cost be ? Or would you recommend him cleaning and attempting rebuild himself?

All opinions appreciated
Thanks in advance
Doug

Sgtonory
01-21-2018, 02:31 AM
I would send to Dillion. Should be little to no cost to you.

JimB..
01-21-2018, 05:18 AM
Email Dillon about it, include your address. They offer a rebuild service that I think was $75 for my SDB which was worn but not rusty, it came back with a mess of new parts.

sales@dillonprecision.com

Shepherd2
01-21-2018, 08:25 AM
I'd send it to Dillon to have it refurbished. I have a very early SDB that I sent in a couple years ago. It looked like new and ran better than ever when I got it back. I think the cost was just under $70 which included return shipping. I imagine refurbishing a 650 would cost a bit more but would be worth it. He'd have a like new 650 for probably under $100 plus the cost of shipping to Dillon.

hporter
01-21-2018, 11:06 AM
This is the link for information and prices on this service at Dillon Precision.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/kb/article/12/refurbishing-your-dillon-precision-reloading-machine

I just sent my older 650xl in yesterday. The prices listed are current.

If you click on the "email us" link on that page, they will send you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number with instructions on what to remove on the press before sending it in. They will also answer any questions that you may have asked in the email.

I used this service before on a Dillon Square Deal and was very satisfied. The guys at Dillon are great to work with.

Harold

sawinredneck
01-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Did this with a 550b a couple summers ago, it was worth every penny! What wasn’t replaced (I had a two page list of new parts) looked like it had been replaced! It took under two weeks, shipping time included to get back to me and I’d swear it was a new press!
Don’t think about it, box everything up in a box, ship it to them, pay a little, they ship it back in a proper Dillon box, and you have a like new press!

EddieZoom
01-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Don’t think about it, box everything up in a box, ship it to them, pay a little, they ship it back in a proper Dillon box, and you have a like new press!

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

Kevin Rohrer
01-22-2018, 09:04 PM
What everyone said is excellent advice.

JRPVT
01-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Yup...contact Dillon first, then you'll be all set. Dave

lefty o
01-22-2018, 10:42 PM
for a small service charge, dillon will make it like new.

tred1956
01-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Thanks fellows that is what I thought
Doug