PDA

View Full Version : Yay Bushnell.ca service!

HABCAN
01-19-2018, 07:17 PM
I dug out an older Bushnell 6-18x AO scope to put on my new 6.5 CM Savage #10T-SR, and remembered I'd lost the windage turret cap to Alberta winds some years ago when it blew off the bench and was lost to me forever in the range weeds. A plea to Bushnell.ca and in a few days a free replacement cap arrived in my mailbox...........but it was the wrong diameter. Another free 800 phone call to Bushnell.ca in Vaughan, Ontario. Apologies, and another cap was mailed. OK, right diameter, wrong height, too short. With little hope, I phoned them again and was patiently advised that they did the best they could for a 30-year-old scope. I gave them some dimensions, and the young man sounded uncertain, but LO! The other day a THIRD free scope turret cap showed up in my mailbox and IT FITS. No, it is not like the original shiny one with the Bushnell 'B' on it, but it covers the fragile adjusting turret and that's all I ever wanted. THANKS Bushnell! Thanks for your courteous patience and thank you very much for the replacement cap.

Isaac
01-23-2018, 07:55 AM
I have used Bushnell scope products for years. On a couple occasions I have sent a couple used scopes to their repair facility near Kansas City. Good experiences on each occasion.

Isaac

higgins
01-23-2018, 11:06 PM
I sent a Spacemaster spotting scope to the Kansas City location several years ago. I had to remove the eyepiece to make it fit the box with all the padding, so I wrapped the eyepiece separately in bubble wrap. When the scope was returned, there was no eyepiece in it. I called and was told that their record showed that no eyepiece was received. The knuckleheads either threw it away with the other bubblewrap packaging or stole it. After some discussion they replaced it with one made in China; mine was made in Japan. Moral of the story, keep everything together, or put a big note on top of the packaging telling them to look for pieces packed separately.

Thin Man
01-24-2018, 07:05 AM
In 1973 I was anxious to get started in 22 center fire groundhog hunting. I bought a new-in-the-box Remington 788 in .223 Remington caliber. I gave the clerk a $100 bill for the rifle and he gave me back enough change for a Big Mac, fries and a drink. Nice. Then I bought a Bushnell fixed magnification 10X scope (also new) to mount on it from another store for $35. That combination proved to me that accuracy is not only available at high cost. To improve my group size and shot placement I bought and installed a Canjar trigger on that rifle. I could only guess at the number of groundhogs that rifle has collected for me since then, but it is respectable. The scope has never given me any problems and still sits on top of that same rifle.