PDA

View Full Version : Father died, need legal advice.

Grmps
01-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Father recently died

Last will was dated 13 September 1985 Made mother Executrix

If unable (Mother is unable) Sister is to become Executrix

Sister is a missionary in Malawi Africa, she’s in no position to and does not want to
Be Executrix and take care of the estate and mother finances (she’s a has a huge heart but is an idiot with money).

Mother and sister both want to sign off this task to me.

So far, I’m not sure if mother has been declared medically incompetent to do this.

My question, what is the fastest/best way for me to get POA, become Executrix so I can take care of fathers’ estate and mothers finances/care.

Please PM me if you can point me in the right direction.

Parents (Mother) isin S Calif and I'm in N Oregon
Thank You
Jim

map55b
01-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Find a trust attorney in your state, or the state where your Father and Mother live. They will be the best ones to address your questions.

HP9MM
01-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Maybe you can get a POA from your sister to act in her role as Executrix. Have an attorney e-mail it to her and she goes to a US Consulate to have it's execution witnessed and notarized.

nannyhammer
01-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately you need to meet with a lawyer face-to-face to develop a path forward. Just went through the estate type of stuff when our daughter was killed and can't imagine trying to navigate it without a lawyer's help. Sorry to hear of your loss and best of luck on sorting it out.

Patricklaw
01-18-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm an attorney. I do estates. Email me and I'll do what I can.

Rudy L. Patrick
The Patrick Law Group
Attorney and Counselor at Law
129 E. Pine Avenue
Meridian, Idaho 83642
Phone: 888-602-6186
Fax: 888-620-7705
rudy@rudypatrick.com

JBinMN
01-18-2018, 09:37 PM
"Condolences!", to you & your family, in regard to your father passing away.
:(

"Best wishes to you & yours!", in hopes that you can find an easy way to deal with the issues you are all currently dealing with, in regard to this situation...

Down South
01-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Get a good lawyer. They can help you figure this out.

GhostHawk
01-18-2018, 10:14 PM
I suspect a couple of signed, notarized letters would do it.

Lawyer is your best bet.

john.k
01-19-2018, 01:47 AM
Yes,you need to be careful where property transfers and possibly inheritance taxes may be involved,and make sure all taxes are paid.........the people next to me live on a property thats still in the grandparents names.Its gonna be a SHTF moment some day,the woman didnt know,I searched the title for a fence and found out.