PDA

View Full Version : Old unmarker Weaver scope

fatelk
01-14-2018, 05:06 PM
I picked up an old Weaver scope recently that's a bit of a mystery, thought I'd see if anyone had seen one of these before.

It looks to be an old El Paso Weaver 4x scope, but the only markings that I can find on it anywhere are "MICRO-TRAC". The crosshairs are a bit unusual also. I couldn't get a clear photo of them so I made a quick drawing using Paint. There's a thin little crosshair above the normal one that seems to be adjusted by the little screw in front of the top cap.

I can find plenty of info on Weaver Micro Trac scopes, but not quite like this, and not unmarked. It's definitely a Weaver but I've never seen one that wasn't stamped as such.

R. Dupraz
01-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Back in the day Weaver made scopes for other retail stores, such as Sears and Robuck and others. My guess is that it's one of those Weavers made for someone else. MICRO-TRAC IS definitely a Weaver trade mark.

fatelk
01-14-2018, 09:13 PM
That makes sense. If it was made for a store brand, the name could have been painted on or something, and wore off.

Texas by God
01-14-2018, 10:15 PM
I've never seen that reticle and it could be a "lunchbox" scope. Try it out it's probably a good one.

fatelk
01-14-2018, 10:36 PM
It's sharp and clear. I only paid $10 for it, figured it would be great on a .22lr.

One thing that's odd is where the eyepiece is normally threaded on, it's soldered or something.