PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Pakit Value?

joeb33050
08-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Al asked me to sell his Pacific Gunsight Corporation Pakit portable reloader. Written on the box in ink is "308 Winchester". On the die body is printed "2625". I went through the motions and everything is there, in like new shape, except the "powder measure", according to the instructions. This is a very nicely machined tool.
I've never seen one of these before, does anyone have an idea of the value?
Thanks;
joe b.

RicinYakima
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Joe,

You find them on E-Pay once in a while. Value seems to be based on caliber. Rifle ones run about $15 and pistol about $17.50.

I had one is 250 Savage and it worked fine. But you have better have strong calloused hands. If you didnt' at the begining, you will at the end! (G).

RicinYakima

Le Loup Solitaire
08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
I originally bought one of these a long time ago...maybe 2-3 decades, in caliber 348 Winchester. It always worked fine, but it had/has to be the slowest tool for handloading that was ever made. It is very compact and when taken apart will fit into a good sized shirt pocket. Its an interesting gadget to fool around with if you intend to load only a limited number of rounds. As noted previously it is a bit rough on the hands especially if you try to do a lot of rounds as there is a lot of turning and twisting of the die parts. These factors are probably why the tool wasn't overly popular. I have never seen one before on e-bay, but I'm sure that a few have surfaced over time. They're probably worth around $15-$20. Makes a novel sort of puzzle to hand the pieces to someone who has never seen one before and see if they can figure it out. LLS