PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead................

Just Duke
01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
So I had a tooth eat a hole through the top of my skull and infected everything probably ruined both of my brain cells I have left.
Then I didn't get out and do much so I sat a lot and ate a whole pizza by myself when the wife got called away and didn't want to waste it.
So it clogged up my intestines and blocked me up to beat the band.
I eat a lot of vegetables now and gave up Diet Pepsi................
So now that I'm back from the dead I need a new hobby.
Welding sounds good. Security gates and bars on the windows

bdicki
01-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Welding is not a preserver of brain cells. At the shop I worked at the welders had welding helmets with an outside air supply piped in. Just don't connect it to oxygen.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Welcome Back Duke,
Them tooth infractions can be some serious stuff
Glad you are better
Jon

Maven
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Glad to learn you're still on the right side of the grass, Duke! Infections ain't fun and dental infections especially so. Hope things continue to improve and you continue to post!

Echo
01-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Good to know, and glad to hear, that you are in a recovery mode, Duke. Gettin' old ain't for sissies!

lightman
01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Welcome Back! Infections can be serious, glad you got over it.

MUSTANG
01-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Welcome back and good to hear your on a good recovery path.

With the breadth of interests/hobbies you have shared over time across this forum; recommending a new hobby to you would be a tough nut to crack. I've gone so far as to buy a welder and attachments myself over the last year, and even wired the Reloading Shed for an outside 220V receptacle to use the welder with. Guess I need to follow your example and get to melting some steel together this spring.

quilbilly
01-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Welcome back from us in the rainforest (jungle) at the end of the road

RichardF
01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Glad to see you’re doing better!!

Boaz
01-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear your better and changing your lifestyle ! I use to make wrought iron security panels and such . Not hard to do and you can buy the jigs to do it with or make your own . Flat bar , jigs , small rosebud and torch , flat black paint and a cracker box welder . Good luck and good health !

woodbutcher
01-10-2018, 12:57 AM
[smilie=s:Hi Duke.Welcome back.Good to see that you are on the road to recovery.Sure misser your great posts.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Shopdog
01-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Check me on this,thinking it's been in the last cpl years?But OSHA requirements on/for welding station clean air,didn't go up by a "click" or so......they new regs jumped into a whole different county.Which isn't how these regs normally or historically have "tightened" up.Not commenting on its rightfulness,more of a heads up.

Loudenboomer
01-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Duke. Burn some coal in a 45-70. That's a cure for whatever ails you! :)

bruce drake
01-10-2018, 04:20 PM
start poly-coating bullets. Its a cheaper to get into than adding a welding kit to the garage...

nagantguy
01-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Welcome back! Stay in good health,and if you'd returned a week ago I would have donated two brain cells to your cause but now I'm also running a deficit after dealing with hospital doctors and insurance companies

Just Duke
01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys

elk hunter
01-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Duke, good to know you're OK. Are you still in Nevada? You know that land of miles and miles on top of miles and miles or did you migrate back to the North West to the land of filtered sunshine? Where ever you are stay healthy.

If you're ever over our way, East of the Cascades, give a shout we'll have a cup and talk elk hunting.

Wayne Smith
01-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Welcome back, Duke. Saw your leather sale in the sales area - getting rid of old stock or still making some? Take care of yourself - I have an oral surgery appointment a week from Friday - my sixth implant - top front tooth. Really the only painful ones.

Just Duke
01-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Saw your leather sale in the sales area - getting rid of old stock or still making some?
The world situation got better a year ago also I'm way too old to go do the Cowboy thing now. I'm senior care age now at 60. lol