PDA

View Full Version : Lee mold problem.

dahermit
01-08-2018, 06:27 PM
What the heck is with Lee six-cavity molds? I ordered two 6-cavity .358 130-RF molds from one of Lee's dealers and had to send them back due to the mold halves showing light between them. Then I sent two .356-120-2R 6-cavity molds in to be refurbushed. The two replacement molds they sent showed light between the halves, but I cleaned (brake cleaner), and smoked them thinking that maybe when they heated-up they would expand and mate. No such luck...they produced bullets with flash so I sent them back. Today, two new molds arrived and when I swung the sprue plates aside and held them up to the light...would'nt you know it, the light is shinning through. What gives? I have had Lee six cavity molds before and they mated perfectly...no light between the halves. Why can't I get molds from Lee anymore that actually mate without light shining through? Am I just going to have to put up with bullets with fins and flash?

gundownunder
01-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Refer back to your previous post from 30 Dec 2017, which asked exactly the same question.