PDA

View Full Version : He went to Jared

1Hawkeye
01-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Nope no jewelry here,
But I did just get another great mold from Jared at Arsenal Molds. Late night on the 27th I ordered a 3 cavity 432-210 mold from Him. The mold needed to be cut to .427 for my .44/40 Winchester so I figured its gonna be a couple of weeks after the holidays for it to get here. Nope it showed up in the mail Friday and I got to run it today. I got nearly 300 nice looking bullets ready to size,lube,& load. I can't wait to shoot some test groups. Arsenals customer service is tops.

Jedman
01-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Hope they shoot great for Ya !

Jedman

KVO
01-12-2018, 10:30 PM
If that's the 210gr RNFP from Arsenal I just shot some of the same today out of a .44 mag Super Blackhawk Hunter. Fun boolit. Hope you enjoy it!

1Hawkeye
01-20-2018, 08:11 PM
I got a chance to try some bullets from that new Arsenal mold in the win 92 src in .44/40 I got the mold for and do they shoot good. Arsenals 432-210 is a very well designed bullet with generous crimp & lube grooves. It fed perfectly through the old Winchester and was very accurate at 100 yards.

Maven
01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
I recently purchased an Arsenal 5 cav. aluminum mold as well, #360-160-RF and couldn't be happier with how well made it is and how well it casts. I asked that the mold be cut to drop a .360" dia. CB, which it does. Weight of that CB from my alloy is 159.8 gr. +- .7gr. (n = 24), and these were culls. Jared's mold is the equal of other custom molds I own including Accurate, CBE (Jim Allison), LBT, and NOE and I would certainly buy from him again.

jmort
01-20-2018, 09:25 PM
Accurate is a better mold in my opinion
Mihec is a better mold in my opinion
We all have opinions

Chainsaw.
01-22-2018, 12:13 AM
Accurate is a better mold in my opinion
Mihec is a better mold in my opinion
We all have opinions

And some people like to share them even when you dont ask for it.

9.3X62AL
01-22-2018, 01:03 AM
We are living in the Golden Age of Bullet Moulds, for certain.

Shepherd2
01-22-2018, 11:03 AM
I agree with Al. It is the Golden Age of Bullet Moulds. You can get a new mould made to your specs in a couple weeks at a fair price. No long waits for group buys or making do with a stock item from Lyman, RCBS etc. I haven't tried Arsenal yet but they may get my next order.

Smoke4320
01-22-2018, 11:32 AM
I agree with Al. It is the Golden Age of Bullet Moulds. You can get a new mould made to your specs in a couple weeks at a fair price. No long waits for group buys or making do with a stock item from Lyman, RCBS etc. I haven't tried Arsenal yet but they may get my next order.

Yes I would have to agree we have quit a few companies producing top quality molds some made to order and shipping quickly ..
a Golden age it is ...

jmort
01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
And some people like to share them even when you dont ask for it.

This is directly above my post:

"Jared's mold is the equal of other custom molds I own including Accurate, CBE (Jim Allison), LBT, and NOE and I would certainly buy from him again."

A newbie with 8 posts. Thanks for your 8 posts.
I disagreed in a civil manner. Are you his mother??? Sister??? Partner???
You should at least take the time to read the posts rather than reflexively push it to post # 8.

Chainsaw.
01-22-2018, 12:15 PM
And you are one of those folks who somehow equate post count with.....life experience? Status?

And for your information I'm his secret pen pal.

Thin Man
01-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Yes, we are in the Golden Age of mold making. The down side of this is that original wheel weights are going away. I keep feelers out at various resources for wheel weights only to find buckets loaded with zinc. I guess time will tell us how all this will play out.