PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive: Looking for a specific one

RG1911
01-04-2018, 02:49 PM
You know that adhesive companies use to stick your credit cards to the page; the one that's easy to remove? I don't know the name of it and would like to get some. I think it would be very handy for a couple projects on which I'd like a flexible glue and that still could be disassembled.

An internet search only revealed permanent adhesives.

Thank you,
Richard

country gent
01-04-2018, 03:09 PM
I believe that's a rubber cement or maybe silicone. One reason for the easy removal is most glues don't stick to plastic solidly.

Paper Puncher
01-04-2018, 03:16 PM
You can try rubber cement / paper cement. That stuff was popular way back when. Newer products available now not sure if they are any better. Google Non permanent adhesive.

Uncle Grinch
01-04-2018, 03:34 PM
I found some under a google search for "credit card adhesive".

You can order some glue dots or a type that goes in a hot glue gun.

waksupi
01-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Many office supply and art stores have a putty like substance that works well.

vzerone
01-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Oh they call that booger glue.

Here's where to buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Blocks-Booger-credit-cards/dp/B007GA3S74

https://feltmagnet.com/misc/Gummy-removable-adhesive

Jim_P
01-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Try "Goop" (general purpose). I use it to stick almost everything needing sticking and removing. Kinda like rubber cement meets silicon. Peals off most everything when it's dry, but hold like crazy. Skins over fast and drys overnight. You can use it thick or think. Better than double sided sticky tape in most places. I go through tubes of it...

Mr_Sheesh
01-04-2018, 05:55 PM
For anything you want a little more adhesion with, look at Museum Putty. Museums use that to stick expensive items to shelves etc. so that, should an earthquake hit, they are less likely to fall off onto the floor; Can't have your $200,000 showpiece broken due to a little shakin'!

RG1911
01-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Many thanks for all the answers. I should have thought of looking for "credit card adhesive." I certainly never would have thought of "booger glue."

The not-too-sticky-and-permanent adhesive is what I need.

Cheers,
Richard