PDA

View Full Version : Grandma

dk17hmr
08-24-2008, 01:45 AM
My Grandma passed on Monday. My parnets, my girlfriend, and myself, were moments away from the hospital when we got the call.

It was my great honor to carry her with my brother and the other grandsons to her final resting place on Friday.

She will be missed.

Bret4207
08-24-2008, 08:39 AM
My sincerest condolences. Cherish the memories. I still miss my maternal grandmother and it's been almost 30 years.

tom barthel
08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
We often overlook the contributions our elders make in our life. I attended a family get to gather yesterday. A nephew told me my mother purchased a house trailer for him when he got married. The pay back was to start a bank account in mother's name and make payments as he could in her name. No interest. He said when the family out grew the trailer house, it's sale enabled the family to make a good down payment on a much larger house. It took a lot of years of nickel and dime payments to the account to pay back the loan. I NEVER knew my mother did that. We all have an effect on others often, without knowing it. Most effects or contributions are not noticed at the time. Your grandmother did contribute to forming you into the person you are now. Give thanks for the time you had her. keep the memories forever. Remind your children, relatives and friends of all the good times.

twotrees
08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
We are loosing all of the folks that went thru the Depression and WW2 at a great rate. These folks put up with trials and tribulations that most of us would give up, under.

Sorry to hear of your loss, glad that you get the honor of carring her to the well earned rest.

May God Bless you and your family.

RedFoxy and Twotrees

runfiveswife
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
My Sincere Thoughts And Prayers Are With You Let Me Assure You It Gets Easier As Time Goes By. I Was There When My Grandma Passed I Actually Prounced Her Dead. So It Will Get Easier With Time .

runfiveslittlegirl
08-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Im so sorry! I cant even barely imagine your pain! I haven lost a biologicla grandmotehr but I have lost grandmothers. That were actually my grandmothers friends.