PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding mauser

Mike in TX
01-03-2018, 01:28 PM
3 months ago I had an expected reaction to my custom 308 Norma Mag. The action is ruined and the stock is ****. I am thinking of finding a Zastava action to rebarrel to 308 NM using my barrel. Any thoughts on this. The original action was a Golden bear from CA. Thanks for ideas.

Der Gebirgsjager
01-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Too bad. The Golden Bear is a nice rifle, and I've got one in .30-06, Dickson-Howa Golden Bear to be precise. Sounds like it was such a disaster that I'm surprised your barrel is reusable. Zastava is a good action on which to build, but finding one that's not attached to the rest of the rifle may be difficult. A military '98 Mauser would be easier to come by.

pietro
01-03-2018, 03:49 PM
3 months ago I had an expected reaction to my custom 308 Norma Mag.

The action is ruined and the stock is ****.

Could you please expand on what, if anything, is actually wrong with your rifle ?

john.k
01-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Sounds like the extractor came out thru the side of the ring and it blew out the stock. I saw a Mod 70 in 243 blow,barrel landed 5 ft downrange......I salvaged the barrel ,good as new,not a mark on it,couldnt say the same for the rest......If a case head lets go thru the primer pocket something has got to give.