PDA

View Full Version : Timed & trued Rem 700 actions

Hannibal
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM
As the title says, I'm looking to buy a pre-timed and trued Rem 700 action. Who really knows what they're doing, and how are they measuring their work?

I don't want to buy this twice, or have to fix one once I buy. So I'm asking.

Opinions, please. And thanks for looking.

Steelpounder
01-02-2018, 01:09 PM
I don't know if he sells actions or is still in business for that matter But Steve Kostinich in Chehalis WA. did one for me years ago that would shoot consistent 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards. this was with hand made jacketed 150 grain bullits and a LilJa barrel.

vzerone
01-02-2018, 02:34 PM
As the title says, I'm looking to buy a pre-timed and trued Rem 700 action. Who really knows what they're doing, and how are they measuring their work?

PTG has them here's the link to their page.
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/698-action-sale

vzerone
01-02-2018, 02:35 PM

PTG has them here's the link to their page.
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/698-action-sale

That's action only and they say timed action. Maybe give them a call and question them.

clodhopper
01-04-2018, 10:09 AM
That PTG is really a pretty good deal with a trigger and rail.

vzerone
01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
That PTG is really a pretty good deal with a trigger and rail.

I also thought it was a very fair price.

Steelpounder
01-05-2018, 07:39 PM
that sale is only for a .223 bolt face on the Remington action or a "magnum" bolt face on the PTG action.

akajun
01-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Find an action, have it trued by whomever is installing your barrel, this should not be hard for an accomplished smith. Then when the work is done, send the action and stripped bolt to Dans 40x / accutig . He charges $75 to time the bolt handle for optimum extraction.

Nobade
01-09-2018, 11:03 AM
The PTG ones are chucked up on the outside, the front and lug seats are recut. They don't touch the threads. Not what I'd call a trued action. They don't do anything to the bolt. Doing this work is what my shop specializes in and I can do it right. Get in touch if you want one.