PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Era Clips/Carry-Bags

DonMountain
01-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Since I am approaching the age where I am starting to think about getting rid of some of this pile of "shooting stuff" collected over the last 40 or 50 years, the question comes to mind whether I should just throw it away or try to sell it. And if I decided to try to sell it, where to do that. I have a box that is taking up too much room on a shelf that contains maybe 100 or so metal clips for 5.56 NATO rounds, probably 10 rounds each, and a similar number of brown 6 or 8 pouch bandoliers to hold them. I probably bought these army surplus sometime 30 years ago when I got the AR rifle and was so enthused. So, heave it or give it away or try to sell it is the question? :veryconfu

MUSTANG
01-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Donate or sell.

HATCH
01-01-2018, 08:35 PM
stripper clips

May I suggest you list it up in Helping Hands and have them pay for shipping.
I would do that before tossing them out

DonMountain
01-01-2018, 09:42 PM
stripper clips

May I suggest you list it up in Helping Hands and have them pay for shipping.
I would do that before tossing them out

Yes, I like this idea. And yes, they are stripper clips and I am still looking for the adapter that slid onto the top of a magazine that these stripper clips fit into when charging the 20 round or 30 round magazines.

GhostHawk
01-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Actually I'll take that offer.

Gladly pay for postage if you are interested.

PM with payment details if your interested.

ascast
01-01-2018, 09:50 PM
sell or donate

rancher1913
01-01-2018, 11:17 PM
do a metric **** ton of pif's

DonMountain
01-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Actually I'll take that offer.

Gladly pay for postage if you are interested.

PM with payment details if your interested.

I am still looking for the clip that funnels the rounds off the 10 round stripper clips into the M-16 magazines. I have been searching through tons of old reloaded ammo that I need to shoot up, and found a few of these stripper clips in the cardboard cartons and in one of the bandoliers that I must have loaded 25 years ago. Give me a couple of days and I will continue looking and I might find some other stuff that is valuable to someone else. I don't know what I am going to do with all of these WW-II and later boxes of ammo I came across in odd foreign calibers. I would be afraid to shoot any of it due to corrosive primers in my guns. Its too cheap to shoot reloads.

GhostHawk
01-02-2018, 09:48 AM
No rush.

Worst case scenario I have a few of those adapters. I bought I think a thousand .223 on stripper clips in ammo cans.

What I don't have is a firearm that shoots .223 in a magazine.

My H&R Handi rifle however thinks stripper clips are the cool easy way to load one at a time at the bench. It is an older ejector model. A full 10 round stripper clip does not roll, move, or lose rounds. It is IMO just plain handy.