PDA

View Full Version : Belding&Mull no.26 inline press

Paul Tummers
08-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi,
I bought one of those in really good condition on Ebay.
With it came a no.7 shell holder for .30-06, a shell holder for .22Hornet and a .30 bullet puller.
I would like to complete the set for .222Rem. and for .308Winch., which means a bullet puller, sizing die, seater die and shell holder for .222Rem. and the sizing die and seater die for .308W.
Anybody any idea were to get those?
Regards,
Paul Tummers.

floodgate
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Paul:

I have had one of these, but it went to another collector; I have a Model 24 in .25-35 and a Model 28 Improved in .30-'06, but no "extras" - the dies can be pretty complex to identify and sort out. Posting here - and maybe on the Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association website at <www.antiquereloadingtools.org> may be your best bets. Interesting tools, originally introduced (1924) while Ideal was out of business 1916 - 1925, but a bit awkward to use. PM me your postal address and I can send you a couple of ARTCA writeups on these. Good luck!

Floodgate

Ben
08-23-2008, 02:51 PM
What, ---- no pics ?

Paul Tummers
08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
What, ---- no pics ?

If you mail your e-mail adress, I'll make some tomorrow and mail them to you.
I am not very good with computers, and do not know how to post tem in a forum like this.
Regards,
Paul.

Ben
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Email address sent to you via. PM

Bent Ramrod
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Paul,

Those B&M dies and shell holders are very hard to find. Some of the ARTCA guys, as Floodgate mentions, may have some extras, but they are not common and, worse, hard for people not familiar with them to recognize. I see them only at intervals of decades at gun shows, typically an anonymous part in somebody's "junk" box. Back East, they may be more common; this is what I've found in the Southwest.

You might alert your local gun stores which resell used and estate stuff and show them pictures of what to watch out for. Often what happens is that the parts which happen to be left on the press are preserved with it, and the loose parts get lost. You will likely wind up with several more of the presses in your search for extra dies and holders.

Paul Tummers
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I better focus on the American market for used reloading tools, over here in the Netherlands reloading is, apart from the loading of shotshells by some hunter, something from after the last great war.
Because of all the limitations by law we have to deal with, it never has become very wide-spread.
Most hunters shoot factory ammo, and because of lack of sufficient suitable ranges, there are not so very much big-bore rifle shooters.
Reoading for pistols is done quite much, for 25 meter ranges there are enough.
Regards,
Paul.

shotman
08-25-2008, 01:46 AM
guys i sold one on ebay a while back [wasnt complete] but a guy in IL collects and sells them I dont have a name but a search on web should get you to him rick

Pressman
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
B&M bullet pullers can be encountered in two styles but only one caliber - .30. Main reason was pulling the bullets on surples 30-06 ammo after the Great War.

Die parts can be tricky to locate. Ebay seller "ricketts" may have some in his stash.
Ken