PDA

View Full Version : Troubles -RCBS. E. Scale

smokemjoe
08-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I use my RCBS Electronic Scale inside and works great, I used it outside on the porch,in the shade, and it bounched all over and it said to re zero most of the time, Whats the trouble. Thanks- Joe

Dale53
08-22-2008, 07:17 PM
The trouble is most likely air movement (also called "wind"). That must be stopped. You can do so with a clear plastic box (clear so you can see through it). These scales are so sensitive that any air movement causes the changes you see.

Dale53

pjh421
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
How's it goin Joe? Dale's right. I have to turn off the fan or the heater in the garage before I can get mine to settle down. I can't imagine trying to use it outside or even on a screened-in porch. In fact, if I reach for the dump pan too quickly the air turbulence will register on the display.

Paul

jhalcott
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Has anyone noticed a disturbance of the reading when use flourescent lights? I've heard they will mess with an E-scale, but haven't noticed a problem YET!

Dale53
08-22-2008, 11:50 PM
I use mine regularly with flourescent lights and have NEVER noticed a problem.

Dale53

beagle
08-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I had a set of the RCBS scales and I had problems with any kind of draft around the loading bench. The flourescents didn't bother mine. Great for weighing bullets but after several years, I went back to my old beam scales for loading. Guess I'm a dinosaur./beagle

Dennis Eugene
08-23-2008, 12:16 AM
yep it's the wind I went back to my old beam scale also got tired of have to have the door to my room closed. Things been sitting on the shelf ever since probley should sell it as I'll probley never use it again. Dennis

smokemjoe
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow : I didnt know it was sentive to air, Used it all the time under flourence light and no troubles, Thanks for the help- Paul, when you comming down to Wind Hill shoots, Joe

Heavy lead
08-23-2008, 03:04 PM
My reloading room has 4-4" flourescent's all natural light flourescent's, never had a problem with either the RCBS or the Lyman. +4 on air movement though.