PDA

View Full Version : Uberti experience

Limey
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Anybody on the Forum have any experiences with Uberti single action revolvers to share?

...I'm sure I've read somewhere that Uberti are making the Stampede for Beretta....have I got that right????

Safe shooting

Limey

WildmanJack
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I had a Remington 1895 Outlaw by Uberti. Shot real well but if I dry fired it( even with snap caps) the firing pin would enlarge the hole in the frame and cause a burr. The burr would get big enough to rub against the snap caps or real cartridges for that matter and lock up the cylinder. I took it to a gunsmith and he just filed the burr down. I sold the gun shortly there after. Just my dos centavos....
Jack

dukers65
08-22-2008, 07:52 PM
limey, it is the other away around beretta purchased uberti. they do build a decent gun,i've got a cimaron 44 special basically built with uberti parts,and i've had it about two years. to date, it has performed flawlessly,shoots well,
additionally it is a fun gun to shoot not to mention it is easy to clean. good luck,
good shootin dan

Heavy lead
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
The only Uberti I have is a Schofield No. 3 clone. It is chambered to 45 colt not 45 Schofield. It seems to be a solid built and smooth revolver. I really haven't shot it much and only real mild loads, wouldn't want to stick a hot 45 in this one, so the only rounds I shoot in it is a 250 grain Remington swaged boolit with 8 grains of Unique. Throats are 454 and barrel slugged at 452. Seems pretty accurate, but I can't say how durable or the quality of the steel it is made of. But it sure is a pretty gun. As far as design for the day IMO I think it was ahead of it's time, so I always wanted one and just never could find an original, so I bought it.
Pretty good blueing and pretty good case-hardening on the hammer, trigger and trigger guard. Only have 100 rounds through it though.

Bent Ramrod
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I have a Remington 1890 Police clone in .44-40 I bought used and two Colt clones bought new, one a .44-40 Flat Top Target and the other a Cimarron with the black powder frame and bullseye ejector in .32-20. The SAA clones are both very well done, accurate, and joys to shoot. I fitted a .44 Spl cylinder to the Flat Top Target to take advantage of the unobtrusive adjustable sights. It feels like they put some extra work into the action on this one; it's very silky and the trigger pull is excellent. The .32-20 came with an extra tall front sight that I am gradually shortening to bring the shots up to POA. It's almost right on for windage. The trigger isn't as good as the Flat Top Target, but it's not bad.

The Remington clone has been a bit of a bother; never has been very accurate, although that may be because it doesn't fit my hand as well as the SAAs. Also, the cylinder is much shorter than the Colt pattern so the cartridge length and crimp-jumping possibilities of the stouter .44-40 loads have to be watched more critically. However, this was a relatively early model, and others have been pretty happy with their 1875 and 1890 clones.

Limey
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM
....many thanks for the feed back boys....greatly appreaciated.....and they don't sound too bad after all......and the prices are not to steep either.

Now all I gotta do is start leaving those gun catalogues about in strategic positions around the house with the pages open at the pertenant pages so SWMBO can come up to speed with my latest wants and desires!!!!

....does this method of getting their SWMBO's on-board with a new gun acquisition work for anybody else as well?

Safe shooting

Limey

leadeye
08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
The only Uberti I have is a Schofield No. 3 clone. It is chambered to 45 colt not 45 Schofield. It seems to be a solid built and smooth revolver. I really haven't shot it much and only real mild loads, wouldn't want to stick a hot 45 in this one, so the only rounds I shoot in it is a 250 grain Remington swaged boolit with 8 grains of Unique. Throats are 454 and barrel slugged at 452. Seems pretty accurate, but I can't say how durable or the quality of the steel it is made of. But it sure is a pretty gun. As far as design for the day IMO I think it was ahead of it's time, so I always wanted one and just never could find an original, so I bought it.
Pretty good blueing and pretty good case-hardening on the hammer, trigger and trigger guard. Only have 100 rounds through it though.

I saw one of those at a gun show and almost bought it. It was one of those decisions which I just did not have enough info to make. Thanks for the info, I will be on the lookout for one now. How was teh trigger pull?

Heavy lead
08-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Trigger pull is quite crisp. Never put a gauge on it, but the trigger as far as accuracy isn't a prob. I would guess around 4#.