PDA

View Full Version : Rossi 92 Rear Sight Barrel Mount Question

mw30cal
12-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Does anyone make a barrel mount iron sight that anchors in the pre-drilled scope mount holes instead of the dovetail that is windage adjustable?

pietro
12-28-2017, 08:56 PM

The Williams Gun Sight Co WGOS (Williams Guide Open Sight) is adjustable for W/E, and can be had with a dovetail adaptor that accepts a (supplied) screw that secures the sight body to the adaptor & ergo the barrel.

Santa Lee
01-02-2018, 12:26 PM
I just installed a Skinner barrel mount. It was quite easy AND I had an excuse to buy a set of brass punches!. I know this doesn't answer your direct question but hope it offers some insight.

pirkfan
01-02-2018, 09:23 PM
You can purchase an NOE picatinny rail specifically for the Rossi 92, and designed for a scout scope mount. It mounts to those threaded holes, after which you can mount an XS ghost ring sight to that. You'll need a taller front sight however, and skinner sells them.

rondog
01-02-2018, 10:03 PM
What pre-drilled scope mount holes? I have two Rossi's, not familiar with any holes.....

Speedo66
01-03-2018, 02:41 PM
The round barreled Rossi’s have two holes predrilled under the rear sight, which has to be drifted off to see them. Octagon barreled, you’re out of luck.

redgum
01-07-2018, 11:06 PM
I have 3 of the early ('K' prefix S/No.) Rossi 357's and none of them have these holes

fecmech
01-08-2018, 03:34 PM
I have a K2791xx 20" Rossi carbine and it has the holes. Maybe the ones that went to Australia were not D&Td.

Gray Fox
01-08-2018, 04:25 PM
The later (?) round barrel Rossi rifles have 4 tapped holes under the real sight. NOE is now the only place to get the sight base for a scout scope that fits those holes. IMHO if you put a ghost ring sight on that mount it would be waaay too high. I believe the same vintage rifles also have the safety in the top of the bolt--mine do. Steve's Gunz has a peep sight that you can put in that hole once you remove the sight, and it's the right height for the front sight. I have rifles set up with each type of sights. My older Rossi .45 Colt rifles, one carbine and one 24" octagon barrel, both have a Taurus copy of a Lyman tang sight. Each had to have one sight base hole drilled and tapped.