PDA

View Full Version : Just a mention

Boaz
12-27-2017, 07:54 PM
I received a call today . A good man and friend of mine went home yesterday , he was ninety four years old .. I have not seen him for bout two years , he was my brother in law's uncle , I have known him since childhood , he had four children , he was Catholic , he was a good man .

His name was Julian , I played with his kids as a child . I ate with them many times in their home , he was at every family event . He was a lawyer , a good father , husband and a good man . Always lived as a Christian that I know .

Bout 12 years ago at my sister and brother in law's fortieth wedding anniversary my niece had asked me to give a prayer . I was preparing . Thinking what would be appropriate with maybe a verse . In a bit Julian came up to me and said ..Charlie I would love to give the prayer , would you mind ? I immediately said ..sure ! It meant something to him and he did an outstanding tribute to GOD and honoring the occasion . That memory I hold dear .

You did not know him but we lost another good man . I put this up in memory of him .

rl69
12-27-2017, 08:47 PM
he will live forever at the feet of our creator

GhostHawk
12-27-2017, 10:16 PM
He is not lost, just separated from us for a while. You will see him again.

All of this world shall pass away, from dust we came and to dust we shall return.
Put not your faith in this world, but in the Lord. Do the Lords work and build your treasures in heaven.

tinhorn97062
12-27-2017, 11:46 PM
I posted something on Facebook a couple years ago that went something like this: “many folks will be incredibly surprised at who made Heaven, and who didn’t”. The meaning? Denomination means absolutely nothing...the only thing that matters is Christ our Lord, and Him crucified for our sins. Belief and acceptance of that truth, or denial of it will determine the end game.

I recently attended a quincerra (sp?) ( Hispanic party for a 15yr old girl), and that catholic preacher delivered a Holy Ghost message that rattled folks with truth.

May the Lord be with the family and friends of that man, and wrap them in His arms. Grief is normal, and Jesus is near to those with a broken heart.

buckwheatpaul
12-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Charlie, I am so sorry for your loss....losing a great person leaves us without them but God needed him or he would still be with us....you know that I will pray for you and Julian's family....Paul

USMC87
12-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Prayers for those that remain here.

koehn,jim
12-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Will add him to my pray